Chapter 2

It was the first day of leaf-bare and it was snowing. Catkit and her siblings ran outside and started to play in the snow. Morningbreeze watched them with pride. Suddenly, there was a snowstorm and every cat rushed into their dens. After a few long hours of the storm, the storm stopped. Morningbreeze peered outside, cats were starting to pack up the camp as it was messy. She then looked at Teensykit and realised that Teensykit was sick. So she called Pawpool who tried to help Teensykit. Catkit watched as Teensykit started to cough then choke then she lay still, dead. Catkit closed her eyes. It was too much sadness for her to bear. She had lost her sister and her father. Morningbreeze was sad too. The whole Clan mourned for the kit. 

One bright, warm sunny day, when all the flowers were blooming and all creatures were awake, (yes it was still leaf-bare but I forgot but don't worry, in the next chaper, it'll be leaf-bare once more), Catkit and her siblings decided to go outside. They started to play and pretend to fight each other. Catkit was the leader of the clan, Catstar and Littlekit was the deputy and nobody cared about the other kits. So then after playing, they went to the elder's den. And of course, the elders are always grumpy and do nothing but sun the whole day so Grumpygrowl grumbled and complained about annoying kits but Whitesnow, another elder, was nice to them. And the last elder, who was also grumpy and called Spiderfur (because it's a grumpy name) told the kits to go somewhere else. But Whitesnow insisted they stay. So they stayed and listened to the elders telling them stories about battles in their day because that is what elders do, they have no life. After a while, Catkit got tired and she led her siblings to their mother's den. She asked Morningbreeze if they could go out of camp but Morningbreeze said no so of course, Catkit and her siblings had to sneak out. It was the middle of the day, cats were sitting around, talking or eating and some of them were getting prepared to go out of camp to hunt or on patrol but none of them noticed Catkit and her siblings as they ran away into the forest. Suddenly, Littlekit found red berries. She smelt them and they smelt sweet and good. Happily, she opened her mouth and took a bite. Catkit cried out NO! but Littlekit had already eaten the berry. 

          "NOOOO, we need to go back now!" Catkit said. "That berry was dangerous. I know it was, even if nobody told me and I was born three days ago."So they headed back to camp but before they could reach camp, Littlekit fell to the ground, dead. Catkit wailed, there was so much tragedy in her life. Her other siblings wailed too but nobody talks about them because Catkit is the main character. So then the Clan mourns for Littlekit as well. Pawpool thinks, maybe we'll find out who the prophecy is about now as there were less and less small cats who were kits. If two more kits died, then she would know that the only one alive would be the one in the prophecy. So, happy, she went back to her medicine den. Morningbreeze was so sad, she kept her three remaining kits by her side. 

         "I love you!" she said softly. "I will protect you." Even if she had failed to protect her two other kits and she'd only had them for three days. 

         "We love you too," chorused the three remaining kits.