04. | that's not what he said last night

BRYNN RUMFALLO batted her eyelashes flirtatiously at the attractive blonde who just passed her. the blonde backtracked, the stunningly captivating eyes wandering up and down brynn's body that she put on full display proudly.

"hey there, beautiful," the blonde whispered hoarsely, resting a hand onto brynn's thigh. "do you always look this gorgeous, even when you aren't wearing.. this?" the hazel-eyed questioned, running the hand on her thigh a little higher.

brynn giggled, resting her forehead against the other's head. "i'll leave that up to you," she purred, winking. she tilted her head slightly, groaning softly when she saw her supposedly best friend beckoning her over. "sorry baby, my friend wants me," brynn drawled, rolling her eyes dramatically.

the blonde looked disappointed, which brynn counted as a win. "call me though, yeah?" the blonde with a name that brynn didn't know whispered, slipping a piece of paper into the back pocket of brynn's dress. then the hazel-eyed stranger- no, brynn had seen the blonde somewhere, probably at school. but for now this person was a stranger to her. school didn't exist in joey birlem's parties.

"of course, darling," brynn smirked, turning around and disappearing into the crowds of people. then she scowled when she saw mackenzie ziegler strutting towards her, confidence radiating off her. except... brynn sensed it wasn't real confidence. smirking devilishly, she sashayed towards her 'best friend', a fake grin plastered over her cherry red lips.

"hey, kenzieboo!" brynn exclaimed, circling her arms around mackenzie's shoulders, careful not to touch any part of the brunette's body. "you look.. interesting." she added, not bothering to conceal her triumphant grin when mackenzie slumped in defeat. mackenzie had cut off her chance on hooking up with the hazel-eyed blonde. it was payback time.

"i guess my appearance isn't top notch today. my sister invited me for a tour around her boyfriend's yacht," mackenzie said, her eyes sparkling mischievously when brynn subconsciously rolled her eyes. "oh, wait.. you don't have one. can't even afford a simple yacht for a couple of measly dollars?"

"i use my money wisely, unlike you," snorted brynn. "who the fuck even needs a fucking ghost detector?"

the brown-eyed girl's cheeks heated up slightly. her dad had died back when she was seven, and she was afraid his ghost would haunt their house. "what do you do with your cash, brittany- oops, sorry, brynny? waste all those bucks by buying so much foundation that you get high off of it? you do look a state today," mackenzie noted, staring at the bottom of brynn's dress, where it was the most crumpled.

brynn was about to retort some snarky reply when mackenzie pushed past her. "sorry, i see johnny, my boyfriend," mackenzie said, emphasising on the words 'my boyfriend'. she noticed how brynn's eyes narrowed at the mention of the boy. "too bad i got him before you could, huh?" she pushed brynn's shoulder in a not-so-playful way.

"he doesn't love you," brynn spat out between gritted teeth. "it had always been me. you were just lucky, that's all."

"are you sure about that, honey?" mackenzie smirked, raising an eyebrow. "didn't you hear that he mentioned about how you such were a clingy, bitchy, blonde brat?"

"that's not what he said last night."

it was a low blow, but brynn savoured the moment as mackenzie gasped in outrage, a look of pure fury seizing a grip over her features. "you little- BITCH!"

"accept the truth, sweetie," brynn pushed past the shorter girl, smiling maliciously. "he probably did it as a dare." she left the brunette, glancing over her shoulder. mackenzie's eyes were wide, her shoulders shaking.

pathetic, brynn thought, treating herself with a glass of Château Margaux to celebrate her victory. it might haven't been a big victory, but it sure was sweet.

• • •

mackenziee posted a new photo !

mackenziee fake friends hurt almost even more than fake love

comments on this post have been disabled !

• • •

brynnie.r posted a new photo !

r posted a new photo !

brynnie.r oh honey.. i'm only getting started :)

comments on this post have been disabled !