11. | speak of the devil

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER sniffled, unable to stop the tears from streaming down her face. she stopped at the red light, wondering why her life sucked so bad. she only ever cheated to get back at her boyfriend, but it didn't ever make her feel better.

johnny orlando put her through so much tears and stress. she couldn't just break up with him, she needed him. and she hoped he needed her, but deep down, she knew it wasn't true.

so that's why, the next day, she found herself spilling everything to maddie.

• • •

"that fucking dick!" maddie exclaimed angrily. "and six girls? what the bloody hell is wrong with that son of a bitch?!" she cursed.

mackenzie gave a watery smile, wiping her tears away, even though they keep coming back. "why does life hate me so much?" she whispered. maddie's eyes softened, and wrapped her arms around her sister's petite body.

mackenzie's phone rang, and the two zieglers jumped apart in shock. "c-can you get it for me?" mackenzie asked, taking a deep breath to stop her stutters.

"sure." maddie went to pick up the phone, and rolled her eyes in disgust when she saw the was the one calling. "speak of the devil, guess who's calling? stay here." she then proceeded to go into the next room.

it was two minutes before maddie came back. mackenzie sat up on heels and looked at maddie questionably.

"so?" inquired mackenzie.

"mr cheater wanted you back, basically," maddie responded, rolling her eyes again. "leave him, baby sis. he has to realise you won't come crawling on your knees every time he decides to cheat."

mackenzie chose to ignore the fact that maddie called her 'baby sis'. she sighed, looking out the window belonging to the room that the two sisters shared. they each had their own bedroom, and a room for both.

"seriously, mckenzis. don't run back to him or you'll regret it, again."

"i-i'll try. i promise. he's a jerk; i won't be weak,"

"good," maddie smiled, "i knew you would finally see what he truly is," she checked her watch. "oh look, it's 11:30 a.m. you'll be okay if i go out to meet shara and lilia?"

mackenzie's face dropped for a millisecond, before she plastered a smile across her face. "yeah. of course. go on, have fun!" she pushed her sister out the door. "bye!"

mackenzie ran to the window and watched her sister drive off. she tried to hold back he tears. she was alone.

• • •

- author's note.

this book should be called again by this point