21. | no salsa, sherlock

ANNIE LEBLANC realized three things. one; she was not in her bedroom, two; she was stripped clean of any clothes, three; there were scrunched beer cans scattered across the floor, cigarette stubs lying in an ashtray on the bedside drawer. then, she realized someone was laying beside her. she cautiously flipped her body around so she was facing the window.

"lily?"

the said girl's eyelids fluttered opened slowly, the brown eyes hazy with sleep.

"oh, hi there jj," lily smirked. she propped herself onto one arm, resting her head on her palm. "how do you feel?"

"i don't know." annie said honestly, "and why did you start calling me jj again?" annie swung her legs onto the other side of the bed and grabbed the nearest article of clothing, which was an oversized black hoodie.

"j, for julianna. so, jj." lily explained, rolling her eyes.

annie laughed, searching around for her pair of jeans. "i know. it's funny seeing you all pressed and shit,"

suddenly, annie's phone went off, making both girls jump.

"holy crap, that scared me so bad," lily giggled, shooting a playful glare at her phone, "throw it out the window, or digest it, i don't care,"

"maybe i should answer it? yeah, that might be an idea," annie said sarcastically.

"hello?"

"hi, uh, anns."

"kenz? i'm kinda busy right now, can you save it for later?"

"johnny and i are back together."

"mackenzie what the fuck?"

"annie, please just calm down-"

"calm down?! you're telling me to fucking calm down when you're dating a guy who broke your heart over and over again and stomped on the broken pieces and now you're saying he managed to pick up every single piece and glue it back together just within two minutes?!"

"annie... i haven't fully forgiven johnny yet, i swear!"

"if you hadn't then y'all wouldn't be together. you're making a really bad mistake right now."

"why can't you just be happy for me?"

"why can't you just see that orlando is bad business? surely you aren't that blind?"

"i'm happy with him-"

lily stifled a laugh. she reached over and spoke into the phone. "yeah, definitely,"

"l-lily?"

"hey bitch!"

"what the hell? i'm so confused,"

"don't come running to me when your heart is broken."

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

"this isn't going to turn out well."

"no salsa, sherlock."