12. | aspired to be

MADDIE ZIEGLER smirked at herself in the mirror as she applied her blood red lipstick. slipping her feet into some black stilettos, she smoothed down her dark red dress that reached just above her knees carefully. she grabbed several bobby pins from her vanity, and twisted her hair into a complicated yet stylish bun.

"perfect."

she was going out with her friends to celebrate her victory; she managed to convince her baby sister to let go of her stupid boyfriend. well, maybe not let go, but she promised to keep away from him, so that counted as something, right?

although her friends didn't know why she suddenly wanted to go to a party; she only attended the parties of her close friends and the more popular ones, but she wanted some fun, some drama. a thrill of excitement went through her. her friends' parties were crazy enough, she couldn't wait to judge a regular's party, and maybe ruin their parties if she got bored.

maddie loved drama. who didn't? she got the star part in almost every show she participated in, and was always the first to hear about the latest gossip. it was strange how she knew everything. maybe that's why her hair is so big; it's full of secrets.

you can try to win over maddie and use her for popularity, oh honey, good luck with that. it already happened several times, each she made a fool of them, so don't feel special.

another thing about madison ziegler is once you leave a bad first impression, chances are she'll hate you for the rest of your life. take johnny orlando, for example.

johnny orlando was toxic, it didn't take a genius to figure that out. maddie knew her sister wasn't going to last long with him. mackenzie wasn't a good girl either, but she wasn't shattered, until johnny orlando paid a visit. after his first stunt, maddie hated him with all of her heart. she would never forgive him for changing her sister from a bright, lively girl to a different person entirely.

maddie was used to getting what she wanted. she knew exactly how much power her position as the next ziegler held. she knew exactly how to flaunt her perfections, twist words around, and manipulate people to doing whatever she wanted. she was what people aspired to be, not knowing how much power she held, how she could charm anyone with just a snap of her fingers. and she intended to keep it that way.

• • •

- author's note.

kinda short because this chapter is to explain more about maddie's character in the book :)