07. | that's an uh, rather interesting phone number

MACKENZIE ZIEGLER was lying on her queen sized bed, kicking her legs back and forth as she browsed through her laptop. she was looking for art workshops to participate in, to forget about a particular someone.

there were many workshops that popped up onto the screen, but most of them were all for the kids ages nine to eleven. it took more than twenty minutes to find one, and she had to make a phone call about the times and whether or not if she could sign up. #firstworldproblems

the one she chose was organised by a woman called signa mae o'keefe, looking like she was in her early twenties. there was an information box about the art and projects signa did in previous ones.

she clicked into that; it showed pictures ranging from sculptures to paper machê snowmen to sketches. there were different options to choose from, depending on what type of art you wanted to create.

mackenzie heaved a sigh. time to make the dreaded phone call. dialling the numbers shown on the screen, she decided to paint her nails. why? i don't know, ask her.

"hello, signa mae here,"

"hi, um, miss o'keefe. i'm here to ask you if there are anymore spaces left in your sculpture class?" mackenzie questioned, cursing herself for fumbling with her words. "you aren't a child anymore, mackenzie," she scolded herself silently.

"hi there! no need to call me miss o'keefe, you can call me signa if you'd like. and yes, there are two more spaces left so you're really lucky," signa said; her voice soft and gentle. "i just need your name, age, and phone number so i can text you the details and the dates for other days of the workshops."

"um, mackenzie ziegler. i'm sixteen, and my phone number is 69-666-420," she paused, taking a breath, "did you get that?"

"yeah, i did. 69-666-420 did you say? that's an uh, rather interesting phone number.." signa commented cautiously, like the owner of the phone number was as strange as the number itself. not that she was wrong, of course.

"um, yeah. i guess. well, text me the details, yeah? i uh, i've got to go." mackenzie said hurriedly, hanging up as fast as she could.

it was thanks to annie that the next day, she found herself laughing and and joking around faith and lexi, the two girls she had been paired up to make a sculpture with.

and yes, faith did want to make a shrine dedicated to the god of purple.

- author's note.

almost in every new chapter the title get longer tf