25. | epilogue

JOHNNY ORLANDO nibbled on the end on his pen, scribbling down a few song lyrics once in a while. surprise surprise, most of them were about a special girl called mackenzie ziegler but he had to get over her, he knew that. he closed his eyes, preparing for take off.

it was time to turn over to a new chapter.

as he drifted off to sleep, the plane shook slightly. johnny looked around, deciding he imagined it. a minute later, the plane shook like it was a fan edit on instagram. several passengers let out a piercing scream.

"stay calm, everyone! it seems we've encountered-"

"hold on! HOLD ON!" was all johnny heard. "right, just flip that switc-"

lauren had tears streaming out of her eyes; slowly at first, but then falling down rapidly until it was a waterfall of tears.

"we're gonna die, aren't we?" she murmured softly.

"yeah."

johnny ignored everything, blocking out any sound. he closed his eyes, reaching for lauren's hand, squeezing it tightly. his life flashed before his eyes. he barely registered the crash.

he knew he was almost at death.

i love you, mackenzie.

fin.

author's note

thank you for staying as the tide of words crashes and falls throughout this book.