🖤Chpt 5🖤

5 minutes left. I knew that no matter what it was far too late to eat. Shancai should be here at any minute. I stood next to the door pacing back and forth waiting to hear the door click open. I kept checking the time.

4 minutes left.

"Shancai... where are you?" Finally the door clicked open. My eyes opened wide and I yanked it open.

"Shancai! Thank yo-" I looked at the boy watching me creepily. I shyly bowed as he walked in.

"Where's Shancai?" I looked to my left where Shancai would've come then to my right where Meinu was. I gripped my fist.

"Tsk!" I quickly sprinted to my left and around the corner where the vents should've lead.

"Shancai?" I started climbing up the vent and saw her there.

"Shancai what's wrong!?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Just hard to breathe. Help please." I grabbed her hand pulling her. I then jumped off to the ground and she jumped off to and I caught her.

"You okay?" I asked. She had a black mark on her cheek. I put her down and she nodded.

"I'm fine." I nodded grabbing a handkerchief and passing it to her. She thanked me and I looked at the time. I sighed.

"2 minutes... she's probably gone." I looked as Shancai focused on removing the mark.

"Thanks. I'll take you to your locker." She nodded and I let her lead the way.

"Are you hungry? I'll buy you lunch next time." Shancai nodded and I smiled. She was really nice.

"Thanks for this." I looked at the handkerchief and grabbed it then wiped a bit of sweat on my face. She started giggling.

"What?" I asked a bit shyly.

"Hold on." She raised her hand.

"Wow. Just wow." I looked to my left and saw Meinu standing there with her eyebrows furrowed and chocolate milk in her hands. She threw it on the ground and ran away. The milk was the thing we always swapped.

"Meinu-Ah!" I forgot about Shancai altogether and ran after Meinu. I picked up the milk that was already empty because it slipped out. I ran after her and saw her run around the corner and she slipped.

"Meinu!" I ran and slid down quickly holding her.

"Are you okay?" She looked down and I couldn't see her expression. I hugged her tightly letting her know how much I cared.

"Let me explain before you go first." I felt her head move up and down and I couldn't help but smile a bit happy that she trusted me.

"I was trapped on the bathroom and she helped me out but lunch was over so I was taking her to class..." it was silent for a while then I heard her sniffle abit before speaking.

"Why was she touching your face..." I sighed and touched her chin so she was looking at me.

"She was wiping a black mark off my face." We stared at each other for a while then she looked down and I could see cheeks brighten up.

"I'm still angry at you..." she argued. I smiled at her stubbornness.

"That's fine... just don't run away from me."