🖤Chpt 7🖤

#I will be by your side embracing your whole world. Before the end of the wor-#

I slammed my finger on the bright screen and squinted my eyes towards the window looking for a sign of light. I groaned then put the phone next to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"We're you still sleeping..." my squinted eyes forced themselves open and I immediately sat up coughing.

"Meinu-Ah! No don't be silly. Look at the time hahaha!" I heard a small sigh of relief through the phone and I fiddled with the blanket nervously.

"Well... I just wanted to make sure you wore something nice when meeting my parents today. I'll pick you up." I was really nervous. I was finally meeting her parents. I needed to make a good impression.

"Are we taking the motorbike?" I questioned knowing the answer.

"Yup! Bring a helmet if you don't want to mess your hair." She giggled. I felt sick already with the thought of her motorbike but I eased up a bit when I heard her giggle.

"I will. By the way. What's the plan after meeting them?" The silence made me excited for what was to come.

"... I haven't planned after that. Maybe we can walk around to this restaurant my parents go to a lot! The lucky ducky!" I chuckled at the name of the restaurant. I decided to tease her a bit.

"Okay. See you soon baby" it was silent again and I laughed at my joke.

"L-latte... if you're ready to call me baby then..."

"Then what?" I teased.

"Then naturally I'll do the same. Babe." My heart stopped. It wasn't prepared for that word. That one word that made my ears go read and make me speechless. I heard her giggle through the phone and I became flustered.

"Bye Meinu-Ah! Love you!" I said in a furious tone then hung up. My frown slowly turned into a smirk and I started kicking like a fan girl watching a kdrama.

"Ugh... what are you doing to me." I sighed. I got up and grabbed a towel after a few seconds and had a shower. I opened my closet and looked for my nicest clothes that would impress.

"A suit and tie? Would that be overboard..." I said. I grabbed it and started putting it on. I then did my hair and put a helmet on. I jumped on my bed and started looking on Facebook.

#Dong Shancai has requested to follow you#I paused for a second

I paused for a second.

"Should I tell Meinu? She's not like that." I smiled at how amazing my girlfriend is then pressed accept. Immediately I received a notification.

Meinu
Hey Dylan! How are you?

I bit my lower lip and started typing.

*honk honk* I ran to the window and saw Meinu on her motorbike waiting there.

"Coming!" I yelled. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs and hopped on the motorbike.

"Let's go Meinu!"

"Okay babe" she turned. We sped through the roads fast and we arrived there as quick as a flash. I jumped off then took my helmet off as did Meinu.

"Do I look okay?" I asked her a bit nervous. She looked me up and down then I did the same to her.

"Why're you dressed like that?" We both said in unison. I shook my head.

"WHY ARE YOU WEARING THAT!?" She laughed

"Y-your parents and good impression... fancy restaurant?" Then Meinu's smile faded.

"That's right... you don't know yet." I looked at her confused.

"Meinu what's wrong. Are you feeling okay?" She looked up and smiled.

"Nothing. Let's go." I held her hand and quickly pecked her hello as we didn't greet each other before. I looked around.

"Do they work here?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I wish." We finally stopped and Meinu smiled.

"Hey mum. Hey dad." I looked at what she was looking at with tearful eyes.

"This is Dylan... My boyfriend." She said shyly. I looked at the new image of them comparing them to the photo she had at home. My heart throbbed at the thought of Meinu's suffering. I read the ash jar and when they had pasted away.

"5 years ago.... why didn't you tell me?" I asked. Meinu shrugged.

"You didn't ask?" I watched as a tear trickled to the ground and I hugged her. I squeezed her as she wrapped her arms tightly round me.

"Thanks for coming Dylan..." She managed to say. I shook my head.

"I should've done this long ago." I thought about Meinu as a kid loosing her parents. Being forced to live with gang members and an alcohol addict brother. I thought about how she survived her poor life and didn't shed a tear or show any weaknesses. I thought about how she took me in and fixed me. Then her brother passing. I thought about everything and I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this girl. I wanted to make her happy and give her a family.

"Meinu..." I said and she broke the hug.

"anyway... I'm let's talk to them." I watched as she took a step closer to there ash jars and she smiled and started talking about unimportant things. Then about me.

"Dylan is reliable. Strong. Loyal. Kind. He's a lot of things and I know you'll approve of him." She giggled like a fangirl.

"Meinu." I said sternly.

"Yeah?" She asked turning around.

"Have you thought about what I said before?" I asked looking at her expressions.

"About what?" She said confused. I stayed silent for a while.

"Marriage."