Chapter 11: Financial Shock

As you were swinging around Vale, Ironwood called. "Spider Man," he sounded panicked, "Shocker has escaped. And now he's robbing a bank on East Thirty-First."
"What happened?" you ask, "I thought he was behind bars!"
"He was," Ironwood said, "But one of my men just walked up to his cell and released him, then gave him his suit back."
"I KNEW Shocker was working for someone!" you cry in victory, "What did you get out of the soldier?"
"Wish I could ask him, but he's dead. Whoever made him release Shocker didn't want any loose ends. Looking at the security footage, the soldier was in some kind of trance. And it might have been the lighting, but it looked like his eyes were glowing."
"Well, that's creepy. Okay, I'll see what I can get out of Shocker when I get to the bank."

As you were on your way there, Ruby called. "Y/N," she said, "So, I've been looking into the Demons. Sounds like they've established a power base in the vacuum left by the White Fang."
"A vacuum I created by putting Adam away," you realise, "The Demons are my fault!"
"What were you supposed to do?" Ruby asked, "Let Adam keep Godfather-ing? Are you okay? You sound even mopier than usual."
"I think I failed the project," you tell her, "Norman Osborn actually confiscated most of our equipment."
"Oh, Y/N... I'm sorry. If Harry were here, he could talk some sense into his dad. You'll find another source. Your work's too important."
"Thanks, Ruby. Talk to you soon."
You hang up, and shortly after arrive at the bank. You enter and see Shocker, holding two bags full of money, exiting the vault. "Herman," you greet him, "Long time no see. Hey, I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that's a parole violation!"

You web the walls next to him and kick him into the vault, but he produced a shockwave that bounced you to the ceiling. As you hit the floor, you web the vault door stuck before he can escape. "Oh, I guess we're stuck in here for a while," you tell him, "Wanna play twenty questions?"
He tries to punch you. "No," you ask, "How about a thumb-wrestle?"
he tries to punch you again. "Okay," you say, "Face-punch it is..."
You punch him in the face. bad move. He punches you through the vault door with a shockwave punch. You jump onto the giant chandelier, and say, "Your gauntlets are all digital now, aren't they?"
"Have it your way," he growls, "You want to fight? LET'S FIGHT!"
"Man," you say, "I can't wait to put you pack behind bars so we can talk science! Remember our first fight?" all the while you throw in punches and dodge shockwaves, "Me, so young and stupid. You, just stupid."
"YOU TALK TOO MUCH!" he yells furiously.
"Well, that's just a matter of opinion!" you tell him, "I mean, are there any standard metrics for how much talking one should do?

"Why are you doing this, Herman?" you ask.
"Because If I don't," he says, "They'll kill me!"
"If you come clean, I can help you!" you tell him.
"You really want to help me?" he asks, "JUST LET ME HAVE THE MONEY!" 
"Sorry," you tell him, "Not gonna happen!"
Eventually, you pin his shock gloves to his suit. "You know," you tell him, "People don't use banks anymore. You're lucky you found actual cash. If you really want to rob banks, try day trading. It's all the rage."
As you go to knock him out, he deflects your attack and punches you to the other side of the room. "Oh, come on, Herman," you groan, "If you tell me who you're working for, I can help you cut a deal."
"If I talk, I'm dead!" he yells, "They made that very clear!"
"You're freaking me out, Herman," you tell him," It's not like you to be afraid of people."
"Not even sure these guys ARE people!" he yells, "Could be anything under those masks!"
"Wait... Did you say MASKS? These mask guys, what do they want the money for?"
"Don't know, don't care! Soon as I finish this job, I'm gone!"

You pin him to the floor. "Give up now," you tell him, "And we can protect you!"
"No way," he protests, "You ain't seen what I seen!"
He fires a shockwave at you, and you barely dodge it. "Okay, last chance to give up," you tell him," This time I REALLY mean it!"
"QUIT MOVING!" he yells, continually firing shockwaves at you.
You eventually pull the giant chandelier onto him. "Okay, that one's on you," you joke, "Literally."
After the Atlas soldiers take him away, you exit the bank. Man, you think, He was scared, and desperate. These Demons are everywhere all of a sudden.
You call Ironwood and say, "Okay, Ironwood, Shocker's all yours now."
"Good work," he said, "We have a special cell waiting for him at the Circle. We'll make sure he stays behind bars this time."
"Also," you mention," I'm pretty sure he was working for the Demon gang."
"Demon gang?" he asks, "Sounds like a crappy media headline."
"Well, have you had any more reports on them?"
"I'll let you know. Oh, and also... How much of a mess did you make in the bank?"
"You don't want to know..."
"Ugh. Shouldn't have asked.