Chapter 18: Dinner Date

Alright, you think as you leave the dorm, Dinner at Ruby's dorm. Low expectations. It'll be hard to screw this one up.
You then saw Ruby, carrying bags of, presumably food. "Let me help you with that." you say.
"Thanks," she handed one of the bags to you, "I picked up a bunch of stuff at the store. Can't wait to see what you come up with."
"Prepare to be amazed." you say in what you think is the worst french accent ever.
Nonetheless, she laughs as you lead her into her dorm, which is empty. Almost convenient, you think.
"You're not gonna believe what happened," she shuts the door, "You know that address you gave me? I went there."
"Ruby." you start to get concerned.
"I know, I know," she protests, "But wait, just listen..."

Ruby's POV (And earlier in the day)

I was at the address Y/N gave me. The men were all carrying firearms. I snuck around them, but I needed to get into the office of the building. As I snuck around, I saw tires that even monster trucks wouldn't fit. Was this all for Li? I wondered, This military-like hardware?
I then saw a bunch of barrels labelled Alchemax. It seemed familiar, but I brushed it aside for now. Suddenly, someone was thrown through the office window, and Tombstone walked out of the office. "You're right, Rick," he picked the man up, "Won't notice, cause it won't be there!"
"I SAID I'LL FIX IT!" he yelled, only to be thrown into the floor.
"You've got some stones, Rick," Tombstone said, "Let's see if they break."
He then repeatedly hit him until he was no longer breathing.

As scared as I was, I couldn't turn back. I needed to get into that office. So I did. When I got in there, I saw blueprints for an APC. It must have been what they were building for Li. But why does he need an armoured vehicle? I asked myself. As I took a picture on my scroll, Tombstone said, "Alright boys. Time to move. Get the gear from my office."
It was at this moment, I started to fear for my life. Thankfully, there was a door on the back wall, which I used to escape.

Your POV (Present time)

"Okay, I want to say don't ever do that again," you're in the kitchen, preparing a surprise meal, "But since I know you're going to anyway, " you throw her a web bomb, "Take a few next time."
"Thanks." she said, pocketing them.
"You know Tombstone is crazy," you ask, "And pretty much invincible, right?"
"Everybody has their weakness," she says, "Mine is... *Sniffs the air* Whatever you're cooking right now-- Smells amazing!"
"Chicken curry. Uh, just needs some time to simmer."
"No dumplings I hope."
"I'm never going to be able to live that down, am I?"
"Nope."
"The 'Great Dumpling Catastrophe.'"
"Still can't believe they evacuated the entire school."

"I know, and in January too," you remember, "Weiss HATED me for that, still does!"
"Yeah, she was really happy when we broke up," Ruby looked down, "Anyway, let's talk about what you found in Mr Li's office."
"Well," you grab the Devil's Breath file, "Li clearly has issues with Norman Osborn."
Yeah," she said, "But why?"
"I don't know yet, but his next move looks like it involves Devil's Breath. Whatever that is."
"I'll dig into it... So, I was thinking... What if we teamed up?"
"You want to be my sidekick? Like, uh... Spider Girl? Scarlet Spider?"
"No, not a sidekick... A partner."
"Oh."
Suddenly, the microwave starts beeping, and you rush to it. "NOT AGAIN!" you yell.

As you're putting it out, Ruby looks at your scroll. "It's your crime system... doohickey. Looks like there's a residential break-in."
She throws you the scroll which you catch. "Charles Standish?" you ask.
"Oscorp's CFO?" she asks, "You don't think this has anything to do with Mr Li, do you--"
She sees you're in your Spider suit, and already at the window. You look at her, and she stutters, "D-did you just leave your c-clothes on the kitchen floor?"
"Uh..." You slowly back up and grab them, "Where should I, uh--?"
"The couch is fine." she said.
"See you later?" you ask.
"Yeah." she says as you backflip out of the open window. You then proceed to swing over to the Oscorp facility in Atlas, hoping to find this Charles Standish there.