The Accordance

Town of Grimsoor

The way you could hear her gasping for extra air as she clinched to my hand as I kept pulling her along with me. The heels of her shoes echoed through the alley as her tired feet tried to keep up. Hearing from a distance shouting, the echoes of feet marching our way. I looked back at her, her green emerald eyes staring back with worry. From the distance, I could see the sail of the ship. This would finally be it for us  exciting the alleyways cutting through each street we could finally see the ocean. Arriving at the docks attempting to catch our breath. The Quartermaster halted us before we could board the ship. He looked over at me extending his hand signaling the half of the payment that is owed. I reached into my bag pulling two separate small bags and showed it to him.

"You will get the rest of the payment when her and I are safe in the new world." I informed him.

"Fine, we aren't leaving just yet. We are waiting for another group who is seeking refuge." the Quartermaster replied. We boarded the ship, his crew directing us down were the cargo is held. The cargo room filled with boxes and barrels, there was barely enough space. Making my way over I leaned against the wall as my body slid down to the floor.

"Are you alright?" She knelt down beside me.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just wish they gave you a better place to rest than here with me." I replied.

"I'm fine down here with you. I never really needed a fancy bed or all the things I had back in the palace. Even up there, I was tiresome of how things were done for me. The only good that came from there are my beloved friends. You already know the life I got use to. Don't take it as a bad comment, I have everything with you." she said as she cupped my face and kissed my forehead.

"Do you think it was the right thing to do?" I asked her.

"A part of me knows that we did do the right thing. While the other part of me is crying out that we could have done more instead of the solution we chose. We used every single bit of what we had left to hide her away. We can only hope that the seals remain long enough to restore ourselves and be strong enough to fight whatever comes our way. We both know what would happen if either side were to discover the truth. There is only one person I entrusted with the truth." She said sighing while she looked at me trying to form a smile. The Quartermaster opened the door and looked over my way staring me down.

"If you aren't paying right away then at least help cast the mast and raise the anchors." he ordered of me. I kissed her before standing up and walking over to the stairs smiling back at her. Heading up the steps only to see a fleet of guards, one of them quickly grabbed the collar of my shirt as another walked closed restraining me.

"Nice doing business Lieutenant." the Quartermaster said as he tossed a bag filled with pounds. I struggled to attempt to break from the soldiers grasps. Two soldiers went down to the cargo area and I saw them bringing her up to the deck with full force. She kicked and demanded they release her but they would not put her down.

"ELLA!" I shouted putting all my strength into pushing the guards off of me. The Lieutenant hit my abdomen with the end of one of his guards rifle. I felt all the air escape from my lungs, I gasped for air and felt my knees hit the wooden deck.

"What will we do with him, Lieutenant?" one of the soldiers asked.

"The King instructed that he'd be killed for treachery to his country and for kidnapping the Duchess daughter. It's quite saddening what you did to the King. He took you in after your mothers trial for the practice of witchcraft and you fall for the Dutches daughter." the Lieutenant said announcing my so called crime.

"Burn in Hell!" I said to him. They bound my hands and feet as he instructed. Three of his soldiers preparing their rifles to fire. He could only chuckle at the sight, the small grin forming on his face. Closing my eyes and picturing Ella, her smile and her emerald eyes that showed nothing but pure innocence since the day we met. Her curiosity for experiencing everything.

"I am just not understanding why 

"Fire!" I heard the Lieutenant shout.

"No! Nicholas!" I opened my eyes to see Ella and it seemed like time slowed down at that moment. Her white dress was now slowly being stained by her blood. Her body falling on to me clenching me tightly for one last time in an embrace.

"You idiots! What do you want me to tell the King now? He shouted at his soldiers and scolded them.

"No, Ella why?" I questioned her as to why she would jump in front taking the bullets in an attempt to save me.

"I love you, Nicholas, I thought we'd finally be free together in this new life but after stealing these identities, using up what we had left for her. You are the strongest out of the two once you have recovered you can find her and teach her how to protect herself. Tell her that I love her." She said trying to keep her breathing steady from the pain.

"Try to save your energy Ella, everything will okay, your entire lineage is invincible. " I said staring into her eyes as I felt tugging at the ropes that bound my hands. I felt her body grow heavy, her arms fell back at her sides.

My vision became blurry from the tears that were now rolling down my cheeks. He kicked her body off of me. Her body fell to the side, her lifeless body laid there.

"You bastards!" I shouted at him,how I wish that I could gauge his eyes out in an instant along with with every single limb. I kept tugging at the ropes and was able to break free. His eyes widened at the surprise of me breaking free, in the spite of rage I rushed over to pry his heart out of his chest. I heard the sound of his hand cannon in an instant, I fell onto my side not far from Ella. The bullet was sending electric shocks throughout my body. This wasn't a regular bullet, I could feel what was left from my demonic abilities as if they were being restraint.

"What should we do about the bodies?" I heard the Quartermaster ask the Lieutenant.

"Dump them out in the ocean. Its best no one finds out about this." I heard the Lieutenant order as he walked towards me and knelt down beside me.

"You really think your father wouldn't send after you? Please he's king of the underworld, first Sparda betrays all of us and now even you. Pathetic, it wasn't the fact that you fell in love. He would have preferred anyone even a human if it came down to it, but the enemy? Really Nikolaj? Enjoy your eternal suffering." He said as he snapped his fingers ordering my body to be thrown off.

"You heard him its time to sail before the Captain gets back from the brothel. " the Quartermaster said. The ship set sail as I stared at Ella, she hadn't moved at all. She couldn't be truly gone? Her race is strong and invincible are we really this weak from using our abilities? In the end its for the best anything to protect her. The ship came to a halt and my eyes began to grow heavy and I felt as my body was engulfed by the sea. Soon after Ella's body was soon thrown in. All we wanted was to live our lives and for both sides to accept it, instead it was a war. My eyes felt so tired and I felt myself descend into darkness.

"Now have you seen the price of defying me and my orders, you are returning to me and finding the child." a voice echoed from the dark.