Path To The Unknown

Ada's POV

"No! Sister Laurette, Sister Esme, Graciella? You can't be dead." I shouted running over to their lifeless bodies. I collapsed to my knees, crying. If I had only stayed around maybe they would still be alive, they needed medical attention.

"Ada?" I turned around to see Nero calling out.

"Looks like we wont get any answers." Virgil commented.

"You don't have to rude, can't you see shes grieving." Dante pushed Virgil and shook his head.

"It's okay, the person who's behind all of this is going to pay." I said.

"Maybe we should camp out here and look for clues in the morning?" Nico asked.

"Here? I don't think Ada would like that." Nero commented.

"Its fine, we need to rest and I didn't look for clues or anything." I explained. I watched as Dante walked around looking already for clues, I assumed. Virgil sat down near the van reading a book and Nico and Nero tried making room in the van in the mean time.

"Find anything?" I asked walking up to Dante.

"No, just trying to figure out why this place? Why an orphanage and why were you left alive?" Dante questioned.

"I ask myself that every then and now, why am I being chased after? Why was I left? Why did this happen after that stupid dream or vision, whatever it was." I commented to Dante.

"Dream?" Dante questioned. I continued to walk around the rubble then looking up at the mausoleum that was left untouched.

"Yeah I was reading this book about the legendary Sparda, the sisters never were okay with me reading it but it always found its way to me. I was told he never existed that it was just a story between the Mari Clan. Till after I was at a different place, a castle of some sort." I explained to Dante as I walked over to the mausoleum with him following behind.

"What was in the castle?" he asked.

"A voice saying that he needed my help to be freed, then when I didn't agree everything happened so fast. I got attacked and then that demon kicked my ass." I continued to explain as we neared the mausoleum. Slowly reaching for the handle the doors busted open with a strong push of air, I felt my wrist grabbed tightly. The claws that had a firm grip on my wrist the familiar demonic hand. Pulling me into the portal trying to break free, but the demon had a tight grip.

"What the hell? Ada!" Dante shouted as he grabbed my hand pulling me to him. The demon was strong that she managed to pull Dante and I through the portal. When my body touched the ground my back was hit with Dante's body. I looked around for the demon but it was nowhere insight, but we weren't at the orphanage we were somewhere else.

"Dante, you are really heavy." I commented grunting from the lack of air I was receiving with the pressure he had on my body.

"Sorry about that Ada, why are we back in the demon world?" Dante said as he got up and helping me up.

"The demon world where we just freed you and your brother from?" I said surprised and confused why the demon dragged us here.

"So many things happening right when I get back, never catch a break." Dante sighed.

"I figured you enjoyed demon hunting? Isn't that the reason you have a company?" I asked him while we walked the path exploring.

"It pays the bills and anything else I may need, its business." he explained.

"Just die already!" I could hear someone shout from a far, the demon flying in and knocking me off the path. I quickly tried to grab onto the edge before falling off to a pit of darkness, but my hands were slipping.