The Calling

The cold air breeze, the beautiful night sky despite there being no silence in the city of Nephis. Standing at the top of the bridge gave the city a different aspect than when walking in the streets. My phone vibrated, it was them getting ready to inform me to get into position.

"Hello," I answered my phone.

"Ada, the ship is nearing the docks get into position, we cannot allow them to dock! You should have a perfect view from the location we have given you." one of the members of the council ordered.

"Understood, I have a perfect sight from up here. But if I may ask, who is aboard the ship?" I questioned.

"That is confidential Ada! Now do your job, inform us when you are done." one of them shouted as I quickly hung up.

"I call upon Netherlight!" A crimson red light formed the shape of a bow with a crimson color of energy. I pulled back the arrow on the string and aimed for the ship and released. In a fast velocity in a red flash of pure energy, the arrow hit the ship. The explosion on the harbor was loud and you could see the flames begin to engulf the ship. The sound of the sirens echoed in the city, my phone once again vibrating.

"It's done." I said to the council answering the phone.

"Good. Will keep you posted on your next mission, Ada." they said. I hung up once again, I quickly propelled down a steel wire from the bridge sliding down to the rails of the bridge clipping my grapple to the rails. Propelling further down to the boat in the water. Once I was aboard, I maneuvered the boat to head to shore where I had parked my motorcycle. I removed the tarp that I placed over and grabbed my helmet and placing the key in the ignition. I revved the engine and speed off back to the orphanage. Speeding through the tunnels of the city, passing all the intersection until I finally reached the highway leading out of the city Nephis.

  Continuing through the highway enjoying the breeze from riding and the sound of my engine,  finally saw the exit sign and soon I entered Stokebridge. Peaceful, quiet town with a huge church and orphanage in the center of the town. I parked and entered the church, walking towards the out of service confession box. Once I entered knocked specifically in certain points on the center compartment. You could hear the cranking of gears and the center compartment pop open, I pushed the door making sure to close it as I entered and walked down the stairs entering the cold passageway. Upon reaching the research center underneath the church, I saw Father turn to look at me and with him the three sisters who look after the children in the orphanage.

"We heard back from the cathedral in Dumary, they are very pleased with your work tonight." He said to me as he closed the book in his hand.

"When aren't they, I'm tired of being their errand girl that just follows orders. Most of the missions that I go on I can't even know the reasoning. For all I know there could have been innocent lives aboard that ship, I understand we are to exterminate demons but there could have been survivors aboard." I argued.

"We all understand how you feel Adriadne, but there are things better left unknown. Just be pleased with how great it went tonight and always know that the Dumary looks after the well being of those who don't understand demon attacks. Now go to the library and keep reciting the incantations we marked for you." Sister Laurette ordered as she placed down the newspaper. 

"How about this? I can go out tonight for my very first time out of Stokebridge? Maybe check out what happened at Redgrave city I saw the title of the newspaper major disaster, what if it has to do with demons? Please I only go out of the town for these missions and I think I can take care of myself" I said grabbing Sister Laurette's newspaper showing the front cover of the article of Redgrave.