The Haven's Fall

Ada's PoV

Was it a dream? Quickly patting down for my daggers on the sides of my legs, they were gone. The books that had been placed on the now broken table are sprawled on the floor. My mind kept spinning, questioning who they were? If they were coming for the sisters and the children here? I quickly unbuttoned my shirt to were she had place her hand, where the pain ached on my chest there seem to glow some kind of seal. It glowed a bright red and slowly faded from my chest. From a far I saw the cover of the book I read as a child, 'The Legend of Sparda' I walked over to the book picking it up from the ground. I felt a surge of energy shoot out from the book and it blasted me across the room.

"Ada!" I heard both sisters shout in unison hearing them running upstairs towards me. Sister Laurette flung the double doors open, I could see the expression of worry in their eyes.

"Ada what happened?" Sister Esme, shouted rushing beside me to help me stand up.

"Nothing Sister Esme just the Phoenix incantation I don't believe I phrased it correctly. I apologize for the mess." I apologized. 

""Yes, the Phoenix incantation it is a difficult but strong spell a mage can use. Not only does it blind your enemy but it burns them as well not to mention you become the Phoenix yourself. The more you practice the more abilities you will learn to use and no longer will you have to say it out loud just think it." Laurette explained as she picked up one of the books that were by her feet, her eyes widened at the sight. Laurette looked up to Sister Esme and I, she walked over towards Sister Esme as she passed the book.

"Sister Laurette, Sister Esme I can explain! I know that I shouldn't have it or even read that book but as a kid growing up here and staying here the book just always caught my attention and I'm just reading it again is all. The story still gets me to this day and how I always wondered if it is true." I explained walking towards them grabbing the book from my hand and holding it close.

"Well, Ada you should clean up and get to sleep, long day tomorrow. We have to keep repeating your training to make sure you haven't forgotten anything. No worries on the book it is just an old tale, of a legend that has been dead for quite sometime. There are no more demons around of that level, just weakling demons, monsters." Sister Laurette ordered, she grabbed Sister Esme's hand and pulled her out of the library.

I let out a sigh of relief and a stared at the book placing it down near a bookshelf. Looking over at the mess I started cleaning. I couldn't help but wonder about Sister Laurette's expression when she saw the book, Its like she saw a ghost or something. Looking at the broken table it was beyond repair, tho it could serve another purpose.

"Secare" I whispered pulling my index finger and middle finger close to my mouth. A red fiery glow surrounded both my fingers as I lowered and cut the table to decent size chunks for firewood. Doing a sweeping hand motion all the wood chunks glided up into the air as they placed themselves neatly besides the fireplace.

"Big sis what are you doing?" I heard the a tiresome voice, it was Lily one of the first children I was sent to scout for when I reached of age to go out on missions alone.

"Lily, why are you up?" I asked her walking over to her crouching down to her level.

"I heard Sister Esme and Laurette arguing and it woke me up. Big sis you know you aren't supposed to use your abilities for personal gain it isn't fair to the rest of us." she said with a pout.

"Yes that is correct but it will be our little secret." I stood up and gave her a piggy back ride to her bedroom. I entered the room and I couldn't believe how much the orphanage keeps growing day by day, kids who had abilities that they couldn't even comprehend. The Sisters and Father have looked over the children's well being even my own as a kid yet I feel like there is more to me than just this. I placed Lily down on her bed and pulled the bed sheets covering her.