The Chase

Ada's POV

I sped up on the motorcycle the reapers followed along chasing me into Red Grave City. Looking back as they hurdled every tree and sign along the way.

'At this rate, I'll never make it out.'
I continued driving as I neared a bridge and hit the break.

"Alright, you want me? Then come and get me!" I shouted at them, I revved the engine speeding again one of the reapers dived towards me with their scythe. Using my body's strength to pull the bike upward having the scythe meet the side of the metal on the motorcycle the friction creating a spark. I kicked the reaper away with my foot digging hard onto it's decayed flesh the motorcycle skid back onto the road, more reapers came forward chasing me from behind.

"Est alligatum!" I said binding my daggers to me a thin chain formed around them. I aimed them back at the reapers that dived down on me. Each dagger returned to my side after stabbing each single reaper, I glanced to the front keeping control of the bike. In front of me waiting was two cloaked masked figures with huge scissors.

'Do you guys ever give it a rest.'

Nearing the two figures I steadied the bike slowly rising out of the seat keeping my balance, they lifted their weapons getting ready to strike. Two reapers were rushing behind me ready to jump on me so that I would meet my end with the cloaked figures. I had to time it correctly, I jumped high in the air and I flipped back arching my back in the air and could see as the cloaked figures sliced the reapers in half and the motorcycle was cut down to pieces. Before I landed back down I thought about the phoenix incantation, I thought of the spell feeling my body engulfed in flames. I shot up in the air and opened my flamed wings blinding the reapers, my wings radiated heat engulfing them in flames. From a distance, a ray of flash blinding light neared and in a flash of a second it was if it had pierced me at full force pushing me far out of the night sky.

Nero's POV

   I sat on top of the van staring at the stars thinking about a way to rescue Virgil, or well my father and Dante from the demon world. A flare of light appeared from a distance in the shape of a fiery bird.

"Nico! Get out here quick and look!" I shouted.

"Nero I'm working on a new weapon you know, what is that?" she said as she looked up at the sky and her cigarette slipped out of her mouth.

"I'm honestly not sure." I commented.

"You think it's a demon?" Nico asked me.

"I'm not sure but I can't help but get a strange feeling." I commented. We continued to observe, we saw a light flash by towards the inflamed bird. The light, it had pierced it knocking it out of the sky crashing it down at the outskirts of the city.

"That is not far from Red Grave, we need to go check it out and see what that was." I said as Nico rushed into the driver's seat, we hurried to the site where the bird crashed. Nico asked drifting through the rocky road cutting through the grass avoiding the trees.

"Let's just hurry, I really was hoping to make it back to Kyrie." I said to Nico.

"We aren't far from its crash site and if this checks out you and Kyrie will be together again and with your new regrown hand you will definitely surprise her." Nico commented the van came to a halt. I jumped out of the window and kept my hand on the throttle of my sword. There was a huge crater on the ground everything around was smoked from the blast.

"I don't see anything." I said shouting back to Nico. She got out the van and looked inside the crater the ground caving under her feet as she slid down getting covered in ashes.

Midnight Rose ( a DMC Fan Fic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara