3

I already have a strategy now I just wait to deploy it. I wait till I am just above the tree line. My arm glows red and-

*BOOM*

an explosion comes out of the arm, stopping my momentum. As I fall I grab a branch and flip onto the ground.

I here growling. I look up to see a set of 3 red eyes. One charges out at me. Wasting no time i set off an explosion that propels me over the grimm. It slams into a tree stunning it.

'Ursa.... '

The other two growl. I get into a stance, left hand in front right curled back. I take slow and short breaths. The two charge. Quickly I jump left avoiding one and then sending my right hand up and emitting lightning dust, catching the other in the jaw.

'one down'

I run at the first ursa. Aiming at the face I throw a roundhouse kick followed with a quick left jab. I duck his paw. My arm transformed to have muzzles. I point it in front of me firing ice dust. This encases the ursa with ice. I turn around and target the second ursa.

'phew... done'

I hear a scream come from the distance.

'Great more grimm'

I put my glasses on and switched to infra sight. I scan my area.

'there'

I spotted a girl. I change modes on my arm to a rail gun. I load a red crystal and start running.

'I am close... '

I burst through the opening in the forest to see the beowolf lunging. The gun whirls to life blasting the dust at a fast speed.

'BOOOM'

It explodes and run in front of the girl.

'Shit... It burns a little'

The smoke clears up. Open my eyes to see the frightened eyes of Blossom.

"Hey partner "

"(y/n)"

She shakily gets up and wraps her arms around me.

"Thank you" she says tearing up.

"No problem. What happened?"

"After I landed I ran into that grimm. I just froze I thought I was ready."

"Don't worry about it. Now that we are partners I'll help you work on that. Don't be so hard on yourself."

"OK..."

"Now let's go find the temple."

I start walking the way I believe it to be.

"Hey (y/n). It's actually a little left."

"huh. How do you figure."

"Well my semblance is that I can speak with the earth."

"Well that's handy. Lead the way. "

"O-OK"

She starts walking and I trail behind. Dang that fighting toke a lot out of my arm I only have enough for one big attack. I didn't notice she stopped and I ran into her back.

"why did you stop."

"I feel the earth rumbling"

"Someone must be In trouble, let's go."

"It's at the ruins right ahead."

I start sprint in front. We cross into the glade.

"What's wrong"