Eijirou Kirishima x Reader: Happy

Requested by Audrey1304! Hope you enjoy!

(name) had definitely been acting weird lately. Kirishima wasn't exactly sure what was wrong with you, but you hadn't been acting your usual happy self.

"Hey, babe," he said as he caught up with you after school ended, his usual sharp grin shining at you.

"Oh, hey Eiji," you gave a weak smile that soon faded into a frown.

That image irked Kirishima, but he still tried to get you interested,

"So, I was thinking of going out to the arcade with Bakugo later, wanna come?"

"Hmm," you turned to him with a face of apology, "Sorry Eiji I...got a lot of homework to catch up on. I'll have to pass."

"Oh," Kirishima scratched his cheek, "Ok."

Before he had a chance to even say bye, you had hurried on your own way, leaving the red head feeling as confused and hurt as ever.

~

"Huh? Why the hell are you asking me?"

Kirishima leaned on the side of the arcade machine that Bakugo was playing rather aggressively, his brows perking up,

"'Cause man you're the only one I know will tell me the truth with no bullshit!"

Bakugo tilted his lips into a pout as he glanced at his spiky-haired counterpart. He punched in his winning combo before turning to Kirishima with a lazy expression,

"So, what's going on again?"

"(name)'s been acting weird lately."

Bakugo sneered at Kirishima's vagueness, "What the hell does that mean?"

"Well," Kirishima tapped his chin, "She's just not her usual self, you know" Kirishima's gaze wandered, "She barely smiles or laughs anymore, plus she hardly ever wants to go out anymore," his lips pouted a bit, "Do you think she hates me?"

Bakugo rolled his eyes and turned back to his game,

"Dumbass...your girlfriend's depressed."

"Whaaat!?" Kirishima practically yelled loud enough for the entire arcade to hear.

Bakugo growled, "Keep your goddamn voice down you moron," he huffed, "Haven't you even attempted to ask her what's wrong?"

Kirishima rubbed his neck, "No...I didn't really want to barge into her life. What if it's something she doesn't want to talk about? I mean the last thing I wanna do is imp--"

"UGH GOD," Bakugo started to raise his voice in annoyance, "You're supposed to be her boyfriend, right?"

Kirishima grit his teeth in response to Bakugo's apprehensiveness, "Hell yes I am!"

"Then just man up and fucking ask her!"

Bakugo's words lit a dormant flame in Kirishima's chest, his manly drive shooting through the roof,

"You're right, Bakugo! I gotta go and get my girl back!"

And with that, the blazing young man zoomed off, leaving Bakugo at the machine to angrily mash his opponent into submission.

~

Ragged breaths escaped Kirishima as he stood in front of your apartment, trying to catch his breath from running non-stop all the way there from the arcade. He let out a soft exhale and stood up straight and strong, wanting to reflect his manliness with his posture. He furrowed his brows and proceeded to give your door a good knocking.