Day 2~

So thats how Day 1 went. Yup, detention wasnt fun. I had to clean the entire classroom. I acually felt like Cinderella for a few minutes, you know, before she got a fairygod mother and turned into some kind of magical, beautiful princess. The cleaning part of the story, with the evil stepmom was more realistic. That part was okay.

Just so you didnt know, I have baby blue eyes, soft brown hair that waves around my shoulders, and pale, stubborn skin.

Anyways, here we go...Day 2:

*******************************************************************************************************************

I walked into the school building from the office. My parents dropped me off late again, as usual. I walked into the office, still freezing from the outside weather in stupid Febuary. I walked up to the secutary, who told me to have a seat on the office bench for a minute.

I sighed, the office bench was for people who were going in the see the principle. I turned around, and groaned.

Charlie was sitting at the end of the bench. I stubbornly walked over, not wanted him to tlak to me, and not wanting any part of this guy. I couldnt afford the trouble. Not today.

He looked over at me and chuckled "Well look who it is, my science buddy. Tell me, how was detention?"

I folded my arms in annoyance, trying to block out the sound of his voice.

"Late, huh?" He kept looking at me. "That sucks..."

"Oh yeah?" I muttered and looked over at him into his soft green eyes. "And why are you here? This bench is for troublemakers."

He shrugged. "Then I must be a troublemaker." He sat back into the bench, and began to stretch. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

Finally, I heard him sigh, and when he spoke, he sounded a bit closer to me. He kept his voice low in a hushed whisper so no one else could hear. "Look, I'm sorry about the whole detention thing. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sitting here because I was caught smoking in the bathroom. Can you beleive I got in trouble for that? These idiots..."

I raised my eyebrows and looked over at him, still not knowing how to meet his strong, childish gaze. "Thats not stupid...smoking is. If your going to smoke, at least do it outside of school."

"Cant," He muttered and sat back again, "Or else I'd be sent back to this bench for ditching class."

"How often do you even smoke?" I asked, disgusted.

"Eh," He shrugged. He didnt look like a smoker, but rather just a messed up kid. "I lose track."

I decided enough was enough. I didnt want to talk anymore. He kept asking me questions in hughed tones, but I ignored him, keeping my eyes across the room, and my arms folded across my chest.

"Oh what? And suddenly your too good to talk to me?" He muttered with a sly laugh. "You know, I've met chicks like you, they think they're so perfect, that they dont even have to talk to a worthless peice of trash like me." Another chuckle. "Turns out they arent so perfect after all..."

I looked over at him. "What do you mean?"

Suddenly, the secutary called out my name. I looked over at her, and she urged me to come sign in on the late book. I sighed, and looked over at him for a minute. He just urged me to go to the front desk. "See yuh later, science buddy."

"Bye." I mumbled, picking up my backpack and swinging it over my shoulder. I signed into the book, and just when I was about to leave, the secutary stopped me. "Um, excuse me, miss?"

"Yeah?" I walked back to the front desk.

"You've been late over thirty times in the past two months." Her voice was thick and solid. her eyes scolded me just as harsh as her tone.

I gulped. "Um, yea sorry...My dad he just um-

"I dont care," She mumbled, "We have punishment for those who are late quite as much as you are."

I gulped again. "What is that?"

"The school play." She smiled evily.

"C-Come again?" I stuttered, not knowing excactly what she meant.

She stuttered and rolled her eyes. "You have to join the school play. Its required for you now. I'll make some adjustments out of your schedual so you can be in the theater arts club at seventh period."

"What?" I practically yelled. "No! But thats my track n feild! You cant take me out of that!" Track n feild was the only thing that got my mind of the crappy thing called life.

"And just why not?"

"B-Because...you just cant! I have track n feild and the meets coming up soon!"

"Yeah, you cant!" I heard the fmailiar voice behind me. It was Charlie, and I could tell he was being sarcastic. He came up and stood right beside me, his arm against mine. "You just cant! She has track n feild and the meets are coming up soon!"

Was he mocking me?

I groaned. "Charlie..."

"Excuse me," The secutary cut in, "My decision is final. And who are you?" She pointed at Charlie. He just smiled.

"Oh, I'm Charlie, nice to meet you there lovely lady."

"Not falling for it." She said blankly, "Now go sit down."

I met his gaze for a second as he smiled and turned around, and walked back to the bench.

                                                                                          *

Later on that day, at seventh period, I was standing outside an unfamiliar door. The theater arts club. I groaned, praying that it wouldnt be as bad as I thought it was.

I slowly opened the door, and found everyone in major costumes. I sighed. Nope, it was worse...

And to top it all off, I saw Charlie waving at me in the very corner, not in costume, all by himself in a chair. He just grinned mischievously and waved, urging me to come back there.

Oh no...