Day6~ The play~

*Day6*

7: 17

I was shaking. I felt my palms sweating. I was backstage in the cafeteria, in my golden and red dress. This dress, I swear....was making me all sweaty. I could already hear the people coming in and taking their seats from behind the curtain. I was so nervouse.

I swear, I can have a mental breakdown right here, right now, with everything thats happened. I just prayed that Charlie would show up, and owuldnt let me down.

I mean, I told him how I felt...Isnt that what he wanted to hear?

Please come, Charlie...This play needs you...

...I need you...

I sighed, peeking my head out frmo the curtain. At least fifty people were in their seats already. THe play doesnt start for another thirteen minutes.

My heart was racing, frantically thudding against my chest. I felt my palms and the top of my forehead sweating crazy. I checked a mirror just to make sure my makeup was still on.

"Stella! Stella come here!" I heard my name being called. I turned around. There, stood the theater art club teacher, her hand on Zachery's shoulder. "Meet the new Chase."

My eyes widened at him. "You act?"

He smiled a bit shy. "Yea...I've always loved acting."

I just gave my best smile at him. "Okay, well, maybe we should warm up before we go on..."

"Yeah, sure thing." He took his script out of the back pocket of his royal prince costume, and we walked over closer to the curtains, and rehearsed.

Rehearsing it with Zach was fun, but I didnt feel as close with him as I did with Charlie. Maybe Charlie was right, us kissing made us closer in some way, even if I didnt know it then. And Zach was a good actor, I was confident that the play would go well, but I really just wanted Charlie to be here, whether he was playing Chase or not. 

I checked one last time to see if Charlie was in the audience. I scanned the entire place, all of the seats, and I still couldnt find him.  My heart sunk even deeper into my chest, if that was even possible. Lately, my hearts been so fragile that I swear I wouldnt be suprised if it wasnt even in my chest anymore.

"PLACES PEOPLE!"

I jumped, and turned to find everyone running to the sides of the stage, to get to their places. Everything was happening so fast, and I wasnt completely sure I could do this anymore...

"Stella, Come on!" I heard Zack call me to the side of the stage.

I began to panic. I was already starting to foget my lines...

Charlie, come back...

"Stella, come on! The plays starting!"

Please...

I ran to the oppisite side of the stage from where Zack was. I looked out from in the darkness of the sidelines, out into the audience. It was dark out there, there was at least three hundred people.

I gulped.

I cant do this.

I felt a push on my back to ge to get there already. I slowly, stepped one foot out, may heart ready to break it was knocking so hard against my chest. I felt like all of my makeup was sweating off. I felt the back of my neck collecting strands of hair due to the sweat.

I stepped out into the spotlight.

Zach stepped out.

We continued walking towards eachother to the point where the tips of our toes were touching, like it says in the script, and gazed at each other.