Day4~(nighttime)

*Day4*

Dedicated to my best friend ;3 enjoy!~

It was already 8: 41. He was supposed to get here at eight. I sat out of the porch with the fornt lights on to see out in the dark. It was getting darker, the sky was slowly painted a darker shade of blue, until and point where it was barely black. Another minute slowly passed by. Maybe he wasnt coming...

Suddenly, I saw two headlights pull up to my driveway. I smiled.

Wait...Why am I smiling?

For the play, of course. Now I dont have to look like an idiot with Charlie up there.

I walked over and opened the car door. "Nice car." I said, getting it. He was grinning at me.

"Thanks, I wanted it in black, but grey's a pretty cool color, too."

"If it was black, no one at night would be able to see you." I pulled down the seatbelt, and felt Charlie staring at me after saying that. I looked over at him. "What?"

"Nothing..." He muttered, "But thats what headlights are for, stupid." He started the car and I rolled my eyes. We began to back out, untill we heard a loud BUMP.

"What was that?" I yelled, panicked.

"I think..." He strained his neck to see behind him, "I hit one of your garbage bins..."

I sighed of releif, thankful it wasnt our neighbors dog, Cookie. "Lets just go before I die of a heartattack."

"Then you might not want to ride with me." He smirked, and out we went.

The drive was long, but peaceful. At one point, I asked where we were headed. He just grinned and stayed quiet. I was suspicious, yes, but also curious to know. I never realized how beautiful the city was a night, either. All fo the glowing city lights floating around the car. It was beautiful, just like the painting with the little sailboat.

"You, it's kind of weird..." Charlie said, his voice trailing off.

I looked over at him. "Whats weird?"

"Being with you outside of school."

"Hows that weird?"

"I dont know..." He muttered in thought. "It's just...you look so diffrent in school..."

"How?"

He shrugged, and that was the end of that conversation, until I stared a new one.

"You know, I always have the weirdest conversations with you."

He smirked. "Is that a good thing, or a bad thing, Stella?"

I shrugged. "I dont know, I guess...Its a good thing."

"Yeah, everyone else in the school is boring. They cant see the sailboat like we can."

I was still struck in confusion on how be could both see it.

Whatever.

I leaned my head against the glass window and watched as we passed the millions of stringed city lights, all so colorful and bright.

 ***************************************************************************************************************

About fifteen minutes later, we stopped. I looked around outside the window, barely able to see anything because of the darkness outside. "Where...are we?"

"Just come on." He opened the car door, and got out. He slammed it shut then began walking. I stayed in the car, a bit frightened to follow him out there into the blackness.

"Dont you trust me?!" I heard him yell a little ways away.

I took a deep breath, grabbed the script in my lap, and opened the car door to follow him.

I couldnt see anything, at all. It was like I had gone blind. I felt a hand reach for mine, and I jumped back and screamed.

"Stell, calm down, it's just me. You know, the charming, dashing young prince?"

I rolled my eyes, though he couldnt see. He reached for my hand again, and suprisinly, I didnt pull back. I let him lead me futher away from the car. I had no idea where we were, but, I'd just have to follow Charlie.

Another minute of walking, my legs were already getting sore. And finally, there it was, a beautiful sight. A magical one.

Charlie had taken me to a mountain. We were standing at the very edge, looking miles down (at least 300 feet down) at the city. There were millions of fuzzy little colorful lights and dots just floating around, twinkling.

"Wow..."

"I know, I come here whenever I get in a fight with my dad. Beautiful, huh?"

"I've never seen the city like this before..."

He got a little closer, still looking out into the city. "Well, thats because you've never seen it from up her."

"Thats true."

Just as I stood there, ready to stare down at the city forever, Charlie jumped down into the grass. "Ready to rehearse?" He yelled.

"H-Huh?" I looked back down at him. "Oh, uh, sure..." I wanted to continue looking down at the city lights, but I sat down next to Charlie, and pulled out my script as he pulled out his.

And then, we began.

"Liza..." His voice was so soft, so pure. "You know I dont love you..."

I tried my best to make my voice sound shaky with despair. "I know..."

"Then why must you keep trying to make me fall in love with you?" He asked gently.

"I-I'm...I'm in love with you," I tried my best to look into Charlie's eyes and say that to him, but it was hard. Then I remembered, I wasnt talking to Charlie anymore, but Chase. I looked into his eyes, and followed the script. "I love you so much, more than I've ever loved anyone, Chase. You are the one I want to spend my life with," I poured out so emotion, and Charlie just sat up, still looking into my eyes. "I know you love another but please..." Charlie leaned in closer. "Please say you love me, just once..."

He got closer.

"Chase, just once, please..." I begged.

And closer.

Um, Charlie??

"Please, Chase, just tell me you love me..."

And closer, and his eyes closed, and his face was right in mine. And I had just realized what he was about to do as he parted his lips and took a deep breath...

"Charlie..."

Gently and hesitently, Charlies lips cut me off. He cupped my cheek lightly.

WHAT THE...

I pushed him away. "What the hell was that?!"

He shrugged, carelessly, as if it didnt mean a thing to him. "I just thought we should kiss."

"Why?!" I screamed.

"Calm down," He said, annoyed, "I thought it would help. If you really want to do good on stage in front of everyone, you've got to feel like you can get close to me. I was just doing you a favor. I thought it would help your acting..."

I slapped him then and there. Not hard, just lightly. "Charlie, dont do that again..."

He looked like he didnt care. "Fine..."

I got up and ran back to the car. Why was my heart beating so fast? I could feel butterflies in my chest, fluttering all around inside. The faster I ran, the further away I got from Charlie, the more nervous I became, and more and more I wanted to go back there.

Why do I wanna go back there?!

Because Charlie was back there...