Day3~

*Day 3*

My hands were shaking. I felt the hot, bright spotlight on my skin. I looked down at the script and read my next line, trying to reallly get into character, to build up the emotion, to find the emotion the teacher was looking for, because she was in the back of the room, watching our scene on stage.

How would Liza say this?

I asked myself that,

What would Liza feel? Or do?

So I tried my best to play the role. But it was hard trying to pretend that I was in love with...Charlie. He kept chuckling.

"Take it seriously! Stella is doing a wonderful job! Do the same!"

Suddenly, he changed, and read the next line.

No...this next scene is a mushy one...

He looked into my eyes, emotions pouring out of him, his eyes looked concerned, fragil, wholeheartidly willingly looking into mine with love and passion. "Liz, my love," He spoke so gently, so fluently, "I am sorry, but...I love another."

My breath got caught in my throat. It was the way the spotlight hit him this very moment that made him look...sort of...beautiful.

I began to stutter, but quickly caught myself with embarassment. "Is it...because she is more beautiful?"

"Not at all." He took a step closer to me.

"Because she is more rich?"

"Not evern close, my love..." Another step closer.

Um, is he supposed to be getting closer to me?

I looked back at the teacher for assurance, but she urged me to go on, looking like she was amused and tranced by the scene. "I-Is is...because she is more noble, then?"

"Just the oppisite." Another step. By now, we were so close, our noses only inches apart, our lips, only inches apart, our eyes, so close, they held each other in a strong gaze.

Charlie...

"W-What is it...then?" I choked the words out, feeling my face flush and get all hot.

He leaned in, getting closer, if that was even possible at the moment. "I love her because she isnt you." The way he said that...it stung like a paper cut across my heart. I've been told something like that before, by my own mother, and it hurt. She said I disgusted her...

A tear formed in my eyes, and I fought it back, and my voice came out shaky, as my bottom lip began to tremble a bit. "Why is that?"

He got even closer, his lips to my ear. "Because you are worthless..."

His hot breath made me shudder. And then, a tear fell from my eyes down to the stage floor.

My own mother said the exact thing to me...That I was worthless...

Sadly, I believed it was true. I am worthless.

I am not going to stand here and be made a fool of.

I threw the script to the side, pushing Charlie away, and running off the stage and out of the room. I ran down a long, narrow hallway, wiping the tears from my eyes...What he said in there...It was from the script...then why did it hurt so much?

I ran out the school doors and into the open air, when no one could hear my soulful tears.