Day6~

*Day6*

It wasnt used to being at school this early. In fact, I didnt even know they open the school this early. It was only 7: 48. School started at eight thirty. I walked into the theater room, taking a deep breath, knowing I had no choice but to do this.

****************************************************************************************************************

"W-Well, I dont understand..." Her voice was hurt and crushed. Great, I crushed another persons dreams.

"I'm really sorry, It's just...I feel I have no choice but to quit." I had to quit because I knew Charlie wouldnt want to act with me on stage.

"But...the play is today...I just dont understand..."

"I know, I'm really sorry."

She sighed, finally sinking it in. "Great. Now where am I going to find a new Liza and a new Chase?" Her face looked flushed and worried.

"I-I'm sorry, but...did you just say...Wait. Did Charlie..."

"Yes. He quit the play yestersay."

My heart sunk, and I just felt like running into a corner and cry. "He...quit?"

"Yes," She sighed, "He dropped out. One of the best actors in the class, too."

I know he is.

I couldnt take this anymore. "You know what, Im not quiting."

Her face automatically lit up. "So you'll do the play?"

I sighed, making sure I wanted to do this. "Yes."

"Oh, thankyou so, so much!" She gave me a quick squeeze, than ran off yelling : "Now I just need to find a new Chase!"

I groaned. Did Charlie really hate me that bad? I felt so crushed right now. I felt tears coming on.

Stop crying, you did this to yourself.

But then, I remembered what Charlie told me a couple days ago. "Think positive."

****************************************************************************************************************

I didnt see Charlie in science, and that made me worried sick the whole time. I just needed to see him, to make sure he was okay. To make sure  was okay.

Luckily, I walked into the theater room at seventh period, and he was sitting where he usually sat, in the very back corner of the room. I started walking towards the chair next to him, when I saw another girl with a tight brown ponytail, a red tanktop, and dark blue jeans came and sat in the chair instead.

Okay, that hurt.

He didnt seem to notice her though. But she kept looking at him.

It's like she likes him...

Suddenly, I felt my face get all red, and my bones go all weak and numb...

I had to sit in the front of the class. My heart felt like broken shards of glass. I looked back at them once, and suddenly, a smile appeared on my face. The girl was getting up to go get her costume. Now was my chance.

I quietly got up once the teacher turned around, and moved to the back corner. I sat down.

I stared at Charlie for a minute, wondering if he'd say something. Anything.

"Hey." I finally got the courage to say.

He hand his arms crossed, and was sloutched low in his chair. "Hey."

I bit the bottom of my lip. "Why'd you drop out?"

"Why do you care?" He asked.

Just then, I felt a shadow come over me. I looked up. The girl was back with a costume. "Sorry." I said quietly, and got up, watched Charlie as she sat down next to him, with hurt eyes. Finally, I said, "It's because I care about you, Charlie."

Those words came from my mouth with no regrets. He didnt look at me. Even after I told him that.

"Are you kidding? I just told you something that you've been wanting to hear and you're just ignoring me?!"

He sighed.

"Stella, get back in your seat!" The teacher shouted from behind me. I huffed, my heart now completely broken, and I slowly moved back to the front of the classroom.  

****************************************************************************************************************

Afterschool, I looked frantically, everywhere for Charlie. But I couldnt find him.

Give up, he quit the play, wont talk to you. He obviously doesnt like you. Stop liking him.

But it's impossible to stop liking someone. No matter how hard I tried, I couldnt get him out of my thoughts, he was all I could think about on the careride home. I almost even ran into another car.

I am losing it.

Was I seriously going to still do the play?

I have too.

I sighed, my grip on the steering wheel making my knuckles go white. I was tense, and sore. I felt so fragile and weak right now.

I wanted to just see Charlie again, or go back and redo all the six days since we met. I wouldve done them completely diffrent.

I wouldnt have ignored him. I wouldnt have run away from him. I wouldve stayed by his side and kissed him back. Thats what I wouldve done. But sadly, I cant change the past...

I finally got home, desperate and lonely. But I had to get over that. I was beig weak...

Is this was it felt like to be in love with someone who doesnt love you back?

Woah, hold up...Did I just use the..."L" word?

Yes. I did. I loved Charlie with all of my heart, I just wished I couldve figured that out sooner.

I went into my room and changed into my costume. I slipped into a long, golden dress, that had red strings laced around and a large red ribon on the back of my waist. Whoever made this was a genius. 

I curled my brown hair, though they barely needed it, and I put on some maekup, but didnt cake on tons of it.

I practiced my scenes in the mirror, and at the end, lifted my chin up high, and tried to forget about Charlie.

I can do this play. Easy.

I got in the car and slowly drove back to high school.