Taking the Blame

+ "If she wants to act like an adult then she can be treated like one as well." +

•••

"Be back soon, you know how I worry." you told Bellamy, your eyes trailing to the floor as you sighed.

It always caused your nerves to rise when he left Arkadia and you couldn't go with him.

"I'll be back before you know it." he told you, placing his hand underneath your chin and lifting your head up. He studied your eyes for a moment before pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"I hope so." you whispered, letting your eyes wander to your feet.

"Y/n, if we're doing this now it better be right now. Guards only go on breaks for five minutes and five minutes exactly." you heard Monty's voice say through the walkie in your hand.

You rolled your eyes, holding the walkie to your lips and saying, "My bad. Is the gate ready?" you asked.

It was silent for a few seconds until you heard, "Ready."

"Be back before dark. Keep him safe." you told Clarke as they, along with a few others, snuck through the fence and ran off into the woods.

"Turn it back on Monty." you told him.

"A please would be nice." he said sarcastically which made you smile.

You walked towards yours and Bellamy's shared room, opening the door and closing it behind you.

You placed the walkie on the dresser but before you could do anything else there was a knock at the door.

Furrowing your eyebrows, you opened the door to reveal your father, Marcus Kane along with two guards.

"Hey," you started, unsure of why he was at your door. "What's wrong?" you asked, crossing your arms as you looked up at him.

"Just tell me it wasn't you." he said, and you could've sworn your heart stopped.

"I don't know what your talking about." you told him, shrugging a bit.

"Did you give individuals guns and let them leave this camp?" he asked and you decided it was time to stand your ground.

"Yes." you told him, not even bothering to beat around the bush.

"Why on earth would you do that?" he asked in disbelief.

"Because you weren't going to dad. You don't have faith in them but I do because I was with them when you sent us down here to die." you told him, causing him to roll his eyes.

"You're acting like a child." he told you.

"The only one acting like a child here is you." you told him.

"You're not going to stop helping them are you?" he asked and you shook your head.

"Dad I know you don't trust them but I do okay? They know way more about the Grounders and the area more than you ever will." you told him.

"You give me no other choice." he sighed, taking a step backwards. "By admitting to your crimes, as chancellor.. I hear by sentence you to.. To ten lashes in front of the public eye." he said causing your jaw to drop.

"Are you serious? Just because you think you're chancellor—" you started but one of the guards gripped your arm, yanking you out of the room.

"Let me go!" you yelled, trying to remove yourself from his grip but him against you was an easy win for him.