Chapter 2 - "Never get in the way of a boy and his bromance"

Updated 03/04/2018

******************

*August 7th 2014*

******************

Rosy's POV:

I was in my room fixing my hair for Freddie's party. I'd gone for some light curls at the ends of my auburn hair just to add something different to my day to day look. This was going to be the party of the century after all so I knew I needed to up my game.

My phone went off on my dresser. It was Maisie, my other bestfriend, she'd texted to let me know she was here to get ready. I ran downstairs in order to let her in.

"Hi Rosy!" she cried happily, "You looking forward to tonight?"

"Yeah, I can't wait!"

"Not that I love talking to you on your doorstep but can we go get ready now?"

I laughed, "Of course, you know the way!"

We began getting ready, me doing my makeup whilst Maisie was putting her long blonde hair into an elaborate bun. I was watching awestruck. Like how do people manage to do these sorts of things. I mean 2 minutes into a Zoella hair tutorial and I've tied my hair in knots and some how managed to trap my hairbrush into my hair. Safe to say I'm probably the clumsiest person on this planet.

"What?" Maisie laughed.

"How do you do that complicated pretty hair stuff so easily?" I relented, I mean here was a master of hair right in front of me and I needed great help here.

"I don't know, just twist a bit, a few pins here and there and voile, complicated pretty hair stuff done and dusted."

"Right..."

"Anyway are you looking forward to tonight? You've never been to Freddie's before too right?"

"Yeah that's right. I mean I know he's Luke's other bestie but I've only met him on a few brief  occasions." I added as a brushed some mascara on to my eyelashes.

"I don't think I've ever met him," Maisie smiled.

"He's well hot," I laughed, wiggling my eyebrows at her.

"Well, I guess I've already found someone to counteract that hotness," she smiled coyly, "Rosy, so you remember that guy I met at the store?"

"Connor wasn't it?"

"Yeah well we ended going on a date and then another and now I guess we're kinda technically well more than technically like officially together!" she exclaimed, her cheeks flushing pink.

"Oh my god Maisie!" I said running at her, pulling her into a huge hug, "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you Ro, I think this is gonna be a really good thing," she grinned.

"Bagsy maid of honour at your wedding," I smirked taking a seat next to her.

She laughed, "If it gets that far Rosy."

"Oh believe me dear, Consie is gonna be around for a long time," I smiled at my blissfully happy friend.

******

An hour or so later we were finally ready and, unsurprisingly, running a bit late. The party was only a few streets a way so we decided we could walk there, Maisie rather than my poor sense of direction guiding our way.

It was a 10 minute walk away. Despite never going to Freddie's house before, and despite my direction skills, the booming music made our destination obvious.