Chapter 13: "We'd be in Germany if I let you navigate"

August 7th 2015:

"I can't believe were going to France!" I grinned at Maisie as she was helping me pack. I was completely hopeless so she had come over to help make sure I hadn't forgotten any of the necessities.

"I know, 3 weeks of sun and sand-it will be bliss!" she beamed back excitedly carefully placing a couple of tops on top of my suitcase.

"It'll be nice to spend some time with everyone before they go to uni as well," I added.

"Especially Luke," she smirked.

"Oh shut up Mai!" I exclaimed throwing a pillow at her face.

"ROSY AND LUKE SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-" she chanted before I threw a flip flop at her. "Hey," she cried rubbing her head.

"Maisie I don't even know if I do like him, it was just a brief moment where I thought maybe I could but he's been my bestfriend for 11 years, how can we go from that to more wouldn't it be weird..."

"Why should it be though? He's known you for 11 years and he's the person who knows you the best. Even better than me!"

"He knows everything about me except my biggest secret, that I like him."

"You like who?" burst in Luke.

"No one, erm Channing Tatum, yeah we were just talking about The Vow and how Channing Tatum is like a Greek Goddess-Adonis-I meant Adonis," I waffled as Luke gave me a confused look and Maisie looked on in amusement.

"Um ok, the cars are ready if you want to bring your suitcases down," he stated.

"Sure, we'll be down in a few minutes," I replied.

"Okay, don't be long."

Maisie waited for Luke to leave before exclaiming, "WHAT WAS THAT!"

"I have no idea, why does he make me so nervous? I never normally waffle like a bumbling idiot especially around him and-and- what Maisie?"

"You like him, you want to kiss him, you-"

"Oh shut up Mai,let's bring our suitcases down before Luke gets back."

......................................

"Finally!" Luke exclaimed taking my suitcase from me and loading it into the car. We would be taking two, as there were 8 of us, and we were yet to discover who would be in each vehicle.

"Right!" beamed Maisie, "Whose ready for the car arrangements then," she said flashing me a suspicious smirk. "So me, Connor, Freddie, Alex and Becky are going to be in one car, Luke and Rosy in the other with all the luggage."

"What about Alexa?" I asked.

"She's joining us over there, she had a family holiday that she couldn't get out off," replied Maisie grinning. I looked at the others as they all held similar smirks just as Maisie's. They were all in on whatever crazy plan she had in store for me...and I guess Luke.

"Okay...I guess it's just me and you the Lukey-Lou!" I smirked.

"No, please stop calling me that," he moaned his green eyes sparkling in the light if the sun. I'd never noticed how beautiful they were and...

Woah. He's my bestfriend, I can't think like this.

I shook away my thoughts responding with, "Lukey baby that's never going to happen," I said before climbing into the passenger ready for the long journey ahead of us.

....................................

We were now on the ferry to Calais. We'd set off early afternoon and we were now on the ferry quite late in the evening. Me and Luke had kept weirdly silent on the journey and I had slept for the majority of the journey. I had been warned I would be driving in France as Luke didn't trust me to navigate him.

I was sat with Maisie, the others were busy exploring the boat.

"So how was the journey here?" asked Maisie.

"It was...quiet," I concluded.

"Personally I think you should just tell him," she suggested with a knowing smile.

"How can I tell my best friend I have feelings for him Maisie? I mean I don't even know how I feel about him, I don't think I could handle knowing how he feels about it."

Can all passengers returned to their vehicles we will be docking in a few minutes

"Enjoy your car ride!" Maisie beamed.

"Thanks," I returned sarcastically.

"You ready for your drive?" asked Luke appearing once again.

"I guess," I shrugged, "I mean it's only an hours drive to the campsite isn't it?"

"Yep and I'm navigating so there is no chance we'll get lost."

"Sure Luke," I grinned.

....................................

2 hours later...

"What the hell Luke!" I yelled, "We are in the middle of no where and we're lost! Why did I trust you and your arrogance."

"I'm sorry but if you hadn't taken that wrong turning earlier-"

"You said first right!"

"So why did you take the second left!"

"I'm sorry I got confused! You should have let me navigate."

"We'd be in Germany if I let you navigate!"

"Stop over exaggerating!"

"Stop whining!"

We both turned away, Luke storming off down the country road and me returning to the car, slamming the door behind me. He could be so childish sometimes.

I sighed turned to look out of the window as Luke opened the door and dragged me out.

"Get off me Luke!"

"No, we need to sort this out. There is some sort of group of buildings at the end of this road so follow me," he stated abruptly.

We trudged up the road in silence until something within me cracked. "Luke, what is going on with us? Ever since New Years, since Tina's weddings things just haven't been the same."

"I don't know," he shrugged.

"Well think then!" I yelled frustratingly, "You must be able to think of something!"

"No I can't, can we just leave it!" he shouted back.

"No we can't Luke. We've been friends for 11 years we just can't behave like this- act like this around each other," I continued to ramble, "We're behaving like 5 year olds, we need to grow up especially as I'm in love with you," I shouted as we stopped in our tracks, just staring at each other. Luke face was full of unfamiliar blank emotion.

What had I done.

....................................