Chapter 12: 'Luke won't be able to take his eyes off you'

April 15th 2015:

I smiled as I watched my sister appear in her wedding dress her brown hair elaborately styled. She was glowing. I couldn't believe that today was finally here. My big sister, the person who practically raised me had finally found someone who she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. The same person who plaited my pigtails every morning would now be walking down the aisle. Time really does fly by.

I stood up smoothing my own pastel blue dress as I walked over to the spot Tina was admiring herself in the mirror.

"How do I look?" she asked.

"Beautiful."

"Thank you Rosy," she said blushing, "You look stunning by the way," she said signalling my own turn to blush. "Luke won't be able to take his eyes off you."

"What?" I asked confused. Why wouldn't Luke be able to take his eyes off me.

"No reason," she said mysteriously, "Oh look it's time to go, I don't want to be late to my wedding!" she hurried me out of the room.

"Tina stop we've got plenty of time, what is it? Why won't Luke be able to take his eyes off me?"

"Sometimes you can be so dense Ro," she smiled, "You only have to look and you'll see what I mean," she stated as I stared at her completely and utterly bewildered. Why the need for all the riddles and mysterious statements? "Now come on Ro, it's photo opportunity time," she beamed happily.

"Fine," I mumbled following her outside.

We stood taking various photos for what seemed like hours until it was finally decided that we should be heading off to the church.

"You ready?" I asked taking Tina's hand.

"As I'll ever be," she replied.

..................................

We pulled up at the church and I helped Tina make her way to the entrance. I was her maid of honour and her bestfriend Kiera was her other bridesmaid. I smiled at her reassuringly as the music started.

Our two cousins Emily and Freya were flower girls. They were 4 year old twins, with blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. They were adorable as they threw petals on unsuspecting guests.

Next came Anthony our other cousin, their older brother at 6, who followed them as the sweetest pageboy.

Me and Kiera followed them down the aisle as Tina stood nervously with my Dad arm in arm as we finally reached the front I took my place next to Luke at the alter.

Finally Tina and my Dad headed down the aisle. She looked stunning. I turned to look at Daniel who was completely mesmerised by his wife-to-be. He only had eyes for her and as she reached the alter he took her hands in his and just smiled. At that moment, I knew that this is what I wanted. Someone who loves me for who I am, who looks at me like Daniel looks at Tina, knows me inside and out.

Luke smiled at me at the other side of the alter and I smiled back, until suddenly everything became a clear. I realised something.

The person who loves me for who I am, who looks at me like Daniel looks at Tina and knows me inside and out. The person grinning at me. The person who is my best friend. The person who I may actually like in I way I never thought I would. Luke Griffiths.

Suddenly aware of the present situation I turned to face the happy couple forgetting my thoughts for the time being. Way to go Rosy-what a great time to zone out.

"Do you Daniel Anthony Griffiths take Tina Marie Jenkins to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," smiled Daniel.

"And do you, Tina Marie Jenkins take Daniel Anthony Griffiths to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," she beamed.

"You are now proclaimed man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Daniel turned to Tina embracing her and kissing her passionately. The music began to play and we watched as the happy couple exited the church.

"Hi sister in law," laughed Freddie.

"Hi Freddie, you do know we're not technically brother and sister in law though?"

"Let's just forget the technicalities," he joked, "I can't believe Danny's married," he said ruffling his hair.

"I can't believe Tina's married!" I exclaimed.

"Come on guys," Luke interrupted, "We have a wedding reception to get to."

.................................

After the meal, everyone stood making small talk. Tina and Daniel were surrounded by guests so I had hardly a chance to speak to her to congratulate her myself.

"Rosy?" asked Luke interrupting my thoughts.

"Yes Luke?" I responded.

"I need to ask you something?" he said nervously.

"Go on?"

"Not in here," he took my hand, "Follow me."

He led me outside the main reception area, to a quiet abandoned corridor.

"So?"

"Erm.." he looked so nervous, "I li-"

"Rosy, Luke there you are!" walked over Tina, hand in hand with Daniel, Freddie and my Dad following behind them.

"Tina!" I ran over to give her a hug, "Congratulations you guys!"

"Thank you," answered Daniel still smiling away.

"Erm guys? What was so important I had to leave the food for?" asked Freddie.

"Don't worry Fred," said Daniel, "This will definitely be worth it," he continued smiling at Tina and squeezing her hand.

"Go on?" I asked curiously.

"I'm pregnant!" exclaimed Tina excitedly her hand held protectively over her stomach.

"We're going to have a niece or nephew!" exclaimed me and Freddie jumping with excitement.

"And I'm going to be a Grandad!" my Dad said excitedly.

"Congratulations guys," said Luke giving Daniel and Tina a hug prompting us to join in. They were going to be a proper little family and I couldn't be happier for them.

I turned to smile at Luke and he beamed back at me. I blushed and looked away, how was I meant to tell my bestfriend that I liked him.

.................................

A/N:

FINALLY! Rosy realises that she likes Luke! You cannot believe how long I've been waiting to get to this part. But here's where it really gets interesting muhahaha :')

If you get a chance please check out my new book Playing the Game. I'd appreciate it immensely if you did!

Until next time keep reading, voting and commenting!

Aurora x

Teaser: Group holiday

Update: Friday :)

.................................