Chapter 8 - "Betrayed not Broken"

8th October 2014:

Me and Max had been dating for about month. We'd been on numerous dates and I felt happy around him.

Luke however hadn't spoken to me since our argument. It was the longest we'd ever gone without speaking in the ten years we'd known each other. He always made me laugh and knew exactly how to make me smile. I missed him.

It was even more awkward as we both are close friends with the same people. Lunch is the worst. We all sit on one big table, me next Max and the others dotted in various places around us. Maisie and Freddie always tried their best to ease the tension but it normally resulted in an angry Luke storming away and me who has to watch the person who knows me the best in the world walk away from me day after day.

I'd just got out of history and was on my way to lunch for another one of our awkward lunches.

"Hey everyone," I cried happily.

"Hello beautiful," said Max as he pulled me onto his knee and kissed me. Luke sighed. I glared at him before giving Max a peck on the lips and taking a seat next to him.

"Sooo," said Maisie breaking the silent tension, "How's your day been Rosy?"

We continued and Max excused himself, giving me a kiss before heading off. He had to meet someone who'd offered to tutor him or something.

"How are things with you and Max, Rosy?" asked Alexa ignoring a loud groan from Luke.

"Yeah, um things are good," I turned to look at Luke who sat looking uncomfortable and very angry, "Actually, I should go find him," I picked up my bag, "I'll see you guys later."

As I left the dinner hall, I decided I would look for Max in the library figuring that would be where his tutoring was most likely being taken place. I entered the vast library and headed over to librarian.

"You haven't seen a Max, he's about so high, brown hair, tanned?" I asked her inquisitively.

"Oh yes," she beamed, "He came in about 20 minutes ago I think, with a pretty blonde girl, and headed towards the back of the library" she added.

"Ok thanks," I said slightly confused, I thought he was getting tuition from a boy in his biology class. I guess I thought wrong.

As I approached the back of the room, I heard loud, shrill giggling coming from behind a large bookcase. It sounded very familiar. I peered around the bookcase to see Amber sat on Max's knee, both clearly working hard on snogging the faces off one another.

I coughed loudly and purposely.

"Christ Rosy, it's not what it looks like," said Max pushing a dishevelled Amber off him.

"No it what it looks like and what it is, is that you were cheating on me!" I shouted angrily.

"Ssh, don't make I scene," he pleaded.

SLAP

"That was for cheating on me!"

SLAP

"And that symbolises the end of our relationship, hope that wasn't too much of a scene for you!" I screamed as I marched out of the library.

I left the library and just ran until I was outside, hidden in my favourite place behind a large oak tree on the college grounds. There I let the tears fall.

"I heard what happened Ro-"began Luke.

"And you came to gloat, you were right Luke, well done now please leave me alone."

"No."

"No?"

"Your my bestfriend, I care about you a lot, I'll always be there for you, you know that..."

"What about 'don't come crying to me'?"

"Well, I actually came to you so it doesn't count, I'll always be there to mend your broken heart..."

"My hearts not broken."

"It isn't?"

"It's just a bit betrayed at the moment."

"Betrayed not broken."

"Betrayed not broken," I replied with a smile.

Things were finally getting back to normal.

------------------

So Max had to go and I think Mamber definitely are more suited than Mosy. But what do you think so far? Where do you think the story is heading?

Keeping reading, voting and commenting,

Aurora x