Chapter 6 - "Thank goodness for all the abs in the world"

*September 3rd 2014*

Unfortunately, school had to get in the way of summer as it does routinely every year. After what became known as the wheelbarrow incident, I was predominantly on bed rest as a later trip to A&E showed I'd fractured my ankle.

Luke stayed in with me and the others often called by to spend time with me from the comfort of my bed or couch. It was really a win, win situation for me.

The return to school also was a big step for me. I'd be starting sixth form college after I received pretty average GCSE results. Luckily, me and Luke would be going to the same college, him previously having been there for a year already.

I'll be taking Maths, English Literature, History and Human Biology.

Anyway, this morning was our first day back, my ankle was still a bit iffy but I no longer need crutches thankfully.

As I was no longer at school it was up to me what I would wear today. I stood in front of my wardrobe, a pile of rejected clothing towering upon my bed.

"Can you hurry up please!" said Luke appearing behind me, "Unless you're planning to go to school in your pj's.."

"Oh shut up Lukey-Lou," I grumbled.

"I'll be in the car princess."

Urgh, that boy really knows how to push my buttons.

After another moment of deliberation, I finally settled on a light blue denim skater skirt, a plain pink t-shirt and white converse.

Finally ready, I picked up my satchel and ran down to meet Luke.

"Here eat," said Tina, practically throwing toast at me.

"Fine, I'll have to eat it on the way though Luke's getting impatient!"

"Fine, have a good day," she called as I ran out of the door.

"I will," I called with a mouthful of toast.

I walked over to Luke's car, climbing into the passenger seat. Since Luke is 17, he can drive already. He was a natural at it and his mum has the money to insure his car accordingly.

"Hi Lukey baby," I beamed.

"No. No. Nah. Not going to happen. Lukey baby? No. Please. Lukey-Lou is bad enough, don't give Freddie any more ammunition!" Since I'd revealed my childhood nickname for Luke, Freddie had begun to terrorise him with it. Frankly its hilarious.

"Anyway," I laughed, "How's Amber?"

"Oh her, we're done," he said casually.

"Whose next on Luke's agenda?"

"I think I'm done with that stuff. I just want a break from being-"

"- a man-slag?" I added helpfully.

"I guess," he laughed.

"Good."

He smiled and continued to drive.

------------------

"Lukey-Lou!" screamed Freddie.

"Rosy, see what you do to me!" cried Luke as Freddie hugged him.

I stood there smiling at the couple before me as Maisie, Alexa and Becky suddenly surrounded me and pulled me into our own group huddle.

"I'm so happy you're coming to our college," beamed Alexa.

"You and Maisie are going to love it here," exclaimed Becky excitedly.

"Erm, what about us?" added Alexander mentioning to himself and Connor who had been left to watch the spectacle before them.

"Come here," said Freddie excitedly pulling them both into a group hug with himself and Luke.

"I can't believe it's our last year!" said Alexa.

"Weird isn't it," added Becky.

"I just can't believe my Lukey baby's all grown up," I smirked.

"LUKEY BABY!!" shouted Freddie.

"NOOOO!" screamed Luke, "Rosy you better run because I'm going to kill you!"

"And I think that's my cue to leave!" As I said as I was already half way down the corridor.

"Rosy mind ou-" shouted Maisie after me.

It was too late for me as I ran into some rock hard abs that essentially broke my fall and saved me. Thank goodness for all the abs in the world.

"Woah, I'm so sorry," I said stepping back, I looked up to see a very cute guy. He was tanned and very muscular. He had green piercing eyes and brown hair. He grinned at me as a continued to resemble a beetroot.

"It's ok," he said as he ruffled his hair, "I just want to make sure your ok though."

"I'm fine thanks, erm-"

"Hey man," said Luke joining us, "Everything ok here?"

"Yeah, err sorry I don't know your name."

"Rosy," I said with a shy smile.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl," at this I blushed even more.

"Th-thanks," I managed, "And you are?"

"Max. His name is Max," said Luke sourly.

I was confused about Luke's odd attitude, why was he being so standoffish. Max seemed perfectly nice. In fact Max seemed quite perfect all round.

"Hope to see you soon then Max," I beamed.

"See you around beautiful," he said walking away.

"Luke, what was that all about?"

"Nothing," he shrugged.

It didn't seem like "nothing" to me.

------------------

So what does everyone think so far?

What do you think Max has done for Luke to dislike him so much?

Any help with some ship names for Max/Rosy and Rosy/Luke?

Please keep reading, commenting and voting! It makes me very happy when you do.

I'm thinking about doing a recommended read of the week both on wattpad on off it. Would anyone be interested in me doing this?

Woah...sorry for bombarding you with questions!

Aurora :) x

------------------