Chapter 17: "When am I ever wrong princess"

21st October 2022

"I'm so excited Luke, I can't wait to meet Maisie and Connor's baby!" I smiled happily.

"Did you pick up some flowers for them?" asked Luke.

"Yep, they were delivered this morning, this pregnancy hasn't made me completely incompetent just yet," I laughed kissing his cheek.

"Only 6 months until we get to me my little man," he smiled wrapping his arms around me, placing his hands in my small bump.

"Or little lady Luke," I reminded him.

Since we found out I was pregnant four weeks ago he'd been certain that it was a boy but I wasn't so sure. I was still holding out for my little princess.

"Just as long as he's," I glared at him, "-they're healthy I'll be happy."

"Happy and healthy," I smiled back as he kissed my bump, taking my hand and walking me to the car.

------

"Hello Harmony," I whispered, carefully holding Maisie and Connors beautiful daughter in my arms.

"6 months time and this will be us," Luke whispered into my ear.

"What was that Lukey?" Maisie asked frowning, "You both know I hate secrets," she whined.

We grinned at one another.

"In 6 months time me and Lukey will be having our own little bundle of joy for you to visit," I beamed.

"Congratulations man," exclaimed Connor as him and Luke exchanged a hug as Maisie shrieked with happiness.

"I'm so happy for you both!" she exclaimed happily as I passed Harmony back to her.

"Thank you," I laughed, "Anyway, how's Thomas adjusting to being a big brother?"

"He's taking it well... he didn't like it when she cried though and told Connor off for making her cry," she laughed.

"I was trying to make her laugh but it obviously didn't work..." he grumbled.

"Definitely," I laughed, smiling at Maisie who was in hysterics.

We continued to catch up for a while longer until I felt myself feeling a bit dizzy.

"Rosy, baby are you okay?" Luke asked worry abundant on his face.

"I don't feel so good," I managed as everything went black.

------

My eyes flickered open.

"Thank God," exclaimed Luke, "Rosy you scared me."

"What happened?" I mumbled sitting up taking in my surroundings. I was in a hospital bed.

"Luke is the baby okay?" I asked panicking.

"They- they don't know, they took some blood for tests, the doctor said he'd come along with the results soon," he said smiling softly as a kind looking doctor approached the bed.

"Mr and Mrs Griffiths?" he asked.

"Miss Jenkins and Mr Griffiths," I corrected with a smile, "Is-is the baby okay?" I asked as Luke grasped my hand in comfort.

The doctor smiled, "Your iron levels are lower than we would like, that's why you fainted but it's nothing an iron supplement won't solve," he said reassuringly, "We would like to do an ultrasound to make sure everything's definitely okay," he added.

"Okay," whispered Luke as he kissed my hand as I smiled weakly at him, tears springing to my eyes.

......

"Let's see how your baby's doing Rosy," the nurse smiled as she squeezed the ultrasound gel on to my stomach. Luke gripped my hand tightly as she ran the transducer over my stomach. "And there's your baby," she smiled pointing out the small beautiful image on the screen."

"Lukey," I whispered tears streaming down my face.

"Is he okay?" he asked his voice sounding choked up.

"They're fine," she replied with a smile, "You have two very healthy babies in there?"

"Two?" we questioned simultaneously.

"Yep," she clarified, "6 months time and you'll be bringing your beautiful twins home."

"My two beautiful boys," Luke grinned.

"Hey, what makes you so sure?"

"When am I ever wrong princess," he smirked as he kissed my lips gently.

"Well..."

.........................

A/N:

Hi I'm back!

Sorry for the late update once again but would just like to thank you for over 1000 reads and 60 votes! It's so amazing and I can't put into words how grateful I am for anyone who has read this book.

So this story only has the epilogue left but I am planning a sequel/spin off of this story :)

I'll also try to update more regularly to try and finish this story before I can begin the next one.

Until next time,

Aurora x

.........................