Chapter 9 - "Comedy first, romance later."

24th December 2014:

After the Max/Amber incident things began to get back to normal. Me and Luke were getting on again. School had been school but now it was Christmas Eve. I was so excited and I wanted to make sure everyone knew about it.

This year we were having Christmas at Luke's house. His mum, Mel, was hosting the occasion and we were staying at theirs for a a few days over the holidays. Tina and her boyfriend, Daniel, were also going to be in attendance. Daniel also happens to be Freddie's brother so he would be present as well. Their parents were away so Mel had offered them a place to stay and an invitation to Christmas dinner.

Me, Luke and Freddie would be sharing, Tina and Daniel having a room next door and Mel and my Dad having the luxury of their own rooms. The joys.

Tonight, me, Luke and Freddie were having a Christmas movie marathon. I'd been busy gathering snacks and setting up Luke's room ready for a night of Christmassy fun. I'd hung a stocking up for each of us and couldn't wait to find out what I'd be getting this year. Caught up in my Christmas thoughts I suddenly realised Luke and Freddie had finally arrived in the room.

"Lukey-Lou, Freddie, what do you fancy watching first "Elf" or "Love Actually"?" I beamed happily.

"Elf, definitely Elf," they replied simultaneously.

"Yay! Comedy first, romance later!"

They groaned. Though, I know they're secretly romantics at heart.

------

The end credits began to appear and I nudged Luke, "Look," I mouthed silently as Luke turned to see Freddie fast sleep on the sofa, thumb in his mouth. He really was a big baby.

I got up took the disc out before returning to my spot. I adjusted the pillows before settling myself down for the night.

"Night Lukey," I mumbled sleepily, "See you in the morning, after Santa's been a callin'"

"Night Rosy," he laughed.

I smiled before soon drifting into a peaceful sleep.

------

25th December 2014:

A few hours later I woke up excitedly, a smile appearing on my face. I tried to get out of bed but Luke's arm was wrapped around my waist, blocking my way.

I whispered, "Luke, wake up, it's Christmas." I got no response. "Lukey-Lou wake up, it's Christmas!" I whispered slightly louder than before. His only response was to pull me closer towards him.

Time for drastic action.

I pulled back my leg and kicked Luke in his shins. He retracted his arm and grabbed his shin in pain.

"What was that for!" he whisper-shouted at me.

"Happy Christmas Lukey-baby!" I whispered back giving him and hug.

He hesitated before hugging me back and kissing my cheek, "Merry Christmas Rosy!" he said with a happy laugh.

"Can I open my presents now," I expressed excitedly.

"What about Freddie?" he said as he gestured towards Freddie who was still fast asleep on the couch.

I grinned before running into the bathroom, filling a cup with water and running over to Freddie.

"Rosy don-"began Luke, but it was too late, I threw the water directly in Freddie's face.

"Rosy! What the hell!" he shouted, Luke grinned, "Was this your idea Luke!" he questioned.