Chapter 4 - You. I hate you.

A/N- Thanks everyone who has given their time to read this fic. All your feedback really helps me and encourages me. Keep letting me know what you think of it!

(Just for ref: When the POV changes, that character's name is in bold in the first line- indicating it.)

----------

(May 5, Friday)

Later that evening, Khushi took a long bubble bath and felt each muscle in her body relax. She couldn't recall a time when she had taken an off. All these years, work had been her priority. Her uncle and aunt used to complain that she had become a workaholic. Payal was right, she needed to give some time to herself.

Reluctantly getting out of the bathtub, she dried herself with a towel and put on the most comfortable pair of pyjamas and a top.

She then treated herself to a large pizza, as she had decided earlier. She turned on the tv and was selecting a good romcom to watch when it hit her that she hadn't texted Mohit. He didn't have her personal number, only her office one, so there was no way for him to contact her.

She fidgeted with her phone thinking what to write. 'Thank you for cancelling tonight' was what she really wanted to say.

-Khushi, 10:45pm || Hi, hope all's well. Don't worry about tonight. We can do dinner and Avengers when you're back.

She hit 'send.' Khushi wasn't a fan of superhero movies despite the fact that she worked in a company that manufactured children's toys. Magnolia's main demographic were toddlers and kids under 5 so superhero toys weren't something they focused on. Though if and when she wanted to expand, she'd have to take more interest in this field.

Her cell phone beeped indicating the arrival of a text. It was from the number she had just messaged.

-Unknown, 10:46pm || I think you've got a wrong number.

Hmm... that was odd. She took out the page Lavanya had written the number on and tallied it.

-Khushi, 10:46pm || Mohit?

-Unknown, 10:47pm || Nope.

Maybe Lavanya miswrote the number. She'd ask her on Monday.

-Khushi, 10:47pm || Sorry for the bother.

- Unknown, 10:48pm || No issues :) Although I can't believe you haven't watched Avengers yet. The movie was released some 3 weeks back.

Khushi let out a small laugh.

-Khushi- 10:48pm || Not into superheroes.

-Unknown- 10:49pm || You don't know what you are missing out on.

Clearly this other person was young, maybe a teenager. To her, only someone young could be this fixated on a movie to the point of telling strangers about it.

-Khushi- 10:49pm || I'll take my chances. :D

-Unknown- 10:51pm || Wait a minute! Were you going to watch Infinity War without watching any other MCU movie?

-Khushi- 10:52pm || Infinity War? MCU?

-Unknown- 10:52pm || That's the movie. Avengers: Infinity War. MCU is the universe, which this and other movies are set in.