Revolution 20

Revolution

Chapter 20: Wild Encounter

Potion had met with Kurt and Kitty, who played along with the husband and wife routine. Their shy glances and blushing faces might have made the routine suspicious for most, as they gave a 'new couple' rather than a 'married couple' impression. Yet for Potion it was good because it gave them a touch of sweet innocence that she was fond of. Thus the potion maker agreed to help out after Kurt and Kitty both assured that they had nothing to do with Shield. They felt bad about lying, but how were they supposed to save the world otherwise?

However, Potion needed a few ingredients to mix the vital remedy. Coincidentally, one of those ingredients was a type of flower found in the land near by. While the other X-Men got started on the scavenger hunt for the other ingredients, Kitty and Kurt hunted for the semi-rare fiery colored flower among the violet and blue ones that were all over the grassy field's vastness.

"All of this makes it feel like unreal, doesn't it?" Kitty's voice spoke softly. She and Kurt were alone in an endless field of green with drops of blue and violet, still searching for the elusive red-orange dot.

Truth be told, after putting up a show for Potion and in part for everyone, everything felt like it was play pretend. It felt like they were still just dating and really they were. But they had played along with a lot, accepted even more and signed very real marriage documents. "I guess we could have a long engagement..." Kurt suggested with a blush.

"Yeah," Kitty agreed. "I like don't mind, marrying you I mean. I was afraid you'd be angry at me for the misunderstanding."

"Angry? No way," Kurt assured. "I never thought I'd be married so early, but I'm happy to be married to you."

The wind blew, making petals dance around them and giving their sweet moment an amazing atmosphere as they kissed. Then suddenly, a red-orange petal landed on Kitty's nose making her sneeze. "The flower!" They both exclaimed simultaneously as they try to see where it had come from. They spotted a few in a small patch of fiery colors. At least this part of the mission was easy, but they had a feeling that finding the rest of the ingredients wouldn't be this simple.

xoxox xox xoxox

When Kurt and Kitty had gone to see Potion and deliver the fire colored flower, she greeted them with the same joy she had when she saw them off after their earlier visit. It was almost evening by then and Potion was getting ready to attend the engagement party. She received the flower and put it in water to work on later. "I commend you on your courage in seeking truthfulness at least in some aspects," she told Kurt. "For that I'll forgive your temporary," she emphasized the word, "alliance to Shield."

Then they realized it, she knew, Potion knew everything. She wasn't tricked for a second, she just wanted to see how far they would go for the sake of turning a lie into the truth and apparently this was enough.

The party that evening was a calm celebration with many friends and relatives from Kurt's childhood and his time as a circus performer during his earlier teen years before he joined the X-Men. Overall it was a pleasant activity filled with a joyous and affectionate atmosphere.

xoxox xox  xoxox

Later, Hank, Remy and Rogue had traveled to Brazil to find a rare mushroom that only grew in certain areas of the Amazon jungle, which Potion needed to concoct the protection serum. The weather at the rain forest was very humid and not at all easy to deal with, but the trio of X-Men endured it. "I can't complain about the signal since Forge linked our cellphones to the institute's amplifier." Rogue commented as she ducked under a low hanging branch. "I can say with all certainty that I wish I had been there." She held up the phone with a picture from Kitty and Kurt's engagement party.