Revolution 22

Revolution

Chapter 22: Resolution

The rescue mission for Ororo had been a success, her powers were once again fully responsive although she was very tired, but that was only natural. Resting however, was not easy in such a restless environment. Rogue was still stuck as a beast and Xavier's only conclusion so far was that it would ware out in time. The stream of random variables that made up Revolution's buggy systems could go on the attack at any time. That is make more serious attacks than the random brainwashed people around that they still needed to keep an eye on.

Then there was the fact that the institute was not exactly known for its peace and quiet lately, even after Lance and Tabitha went off on their mission. "Wanda!" Pietro's voice echoed loudly as his ice-cream dripped down the sides of his face after his sister unexpectedly dumped it on him. He wasn't even sure what that was about and he was too upset about his sticky hair to refrain from demanding to know. " What's your problem?"

"Nothing..." Wanda crossed her arms, leaned back on the couch and silently declared that the conversation was over. Pietro's stare was steady on her until she finally caved and let out a frustrated breath. "Your bragging about taking notes that no one else can see was getting annoying. I guess I wish I was doing something useful too, instead of just making people uncomfortable." She looked back over her shoulder at where Scott and Jean stood.

"Actually," Jean clarified, we came because Pietro was yelling.

"Yeah, it's not your fault baby-cakes!" Todd, who constantly followed Wanda added. "Why don't you come with us on patrol to stop the semi-brainwashed people from killing each other?"

"You've been doing that?" Wanda asked with curiosity and a hint of disbelief.

"Yup!" Todd proudly declared.

"Really?" By then Pietro had zoomed out of the room, washed and dried his hair, and just like that he was back where he sat earlier, now in different clothes before anyone had the time to notice he was gone.

"There have been a lot of incidents in the city," Scott voiced.

"Then I'll go too," Wanda decided, though she was still a little unsure.

"We could use some extra backup," Jean encouraged.

"Then count me in," Wanda decided. Todd was overjoyed at the possibility of being in the same team as Wanda, and he would make sure that possibility turned to a reality.

xoxox xox xoxox

Rogue had been quiet lately, after her sessions with Professor Xavier. She seemed quiet enough to go outside and didn't appear to have intentions of attacking anyone. "Looks like you'll get better soon, cherie." Remy reached over to her as they walked across the institute's spacious yard.

Curiously and with a hint of recognition, Rogue reached for his hand, taking it in hers. She was wearing gloves, but suddenly, there was a jolt of energy. Remy stepped back instinctually and Rogue howled. She clawed her gloves off revealing sharp claws, but her face was starting to look more human and the fur that covered her body began to disappear.

"Cherie?" Remy's voice seemed to trigger Rogue's memories.

She paused, looking at him curiously until her whole body was back to normal. Her eyes regained their focus completely and she let herself fall down, taking slow deep breaths. "I felt lost... Everything was so confusing and I couldn't remember who I was."

One of his arms rested around her waist, the other combed through her hair, receiving a familiar draining sensation when his hand reached the side of her face. "It's okay now cherie." Rogue felt Remy's energy entering her and though the sensation of thoughts and feelings was pleasant, she tried to resist it so as to not drain him. She still did, but the intensity of her pull upon his energy was reduced. "You're controlling it..."