Broken plates and hearts

Wonwoo never saw himself as an emotional person at least not to the outside. He thinks a lot and feels a lot but he never likes to say his thoughts out loud or to show his feelings.

But when Mingyu comes into the kitchen tears spill from his eyes.

"Wonwoo, what's wrong?", Mingyu asks with real concern in his voice.

"What's wrong?!", Wonwoo shouts.

"You! You're a fucking asshole, Mingyu! Two years and you just throw them away like it's nothing!"

Wonwoo has to stop talking because he starts sobbing violently. Jeonghan who held himself in the background at first steps forward and puts an arm around Wonwoo's shoulder and tries to calm him down.

At that moment Mingyu realises what happened. He looks shocked at first but then he gets angry and an angry Mingyu was scary. Mingyu wasn't angry often but there were a few moments in which Wonwoo got scared and he was sure that Mingyu had to hold himself back to not hit him. Now Wonwoo is sure Mingyu won't hold himself back.

"Why the hell did you come here?!", he shouts at Jeonghan who takes a step back and pulls Wonwoo with him. He noticed the change in Mingyu's mood too. 

"Yes, we fucked but that doesn't give you the right to tell my boyfriend about it neither to play the nice guy now!"

"Do you even listen to what you're saying right now?! I didn't know about Wonwoo and I would've never spent that night with you if I did! We're leaving now!", Jeonghan fights back.

Mingyu doesn't have time to answer when Jeonghan already walks out of the room and pulls Wonwoo with him. But Mingyu grabs Wonwoo by the arm and holds him back.

"You stay here!", Mingyu demands and his grip around Wonwoo's arm tightens. Wonwoo can already fell the bruise forming there when he rips his arm away from Mingyu.

"You can't tell me what to do! And I'd recommend you to stay away from me", Wonwoo threatens and walks out of the room. Mingyu doesn't follow him.

Jeonghan waits for him in the hallway one of the suitcases Wonwoo had packed in his hands. Wonwoo takes the other one and together they leave the flat.

################################

Jeonghan says that he'll drive Wonwoo to his friend and Wonwoo is not sure if he should really be this thankful to the person who had sex with his boyfriend but that's too much for his head to wrap around right now.

Jeonghan is nice and Wonwoo really is grateful. So he stops thinking about it.

"Can you stop by the field there", Wonwoo suddenly asks and Jeonghan furrows his eyebrows but nods and stops on the right side of the road.

"Do I want to know why?", Jeonghan's asks worried and Wonwoo laughs.

"I won't kill you, promised." Wonwoo hopes that Jeonghan understood the joke and leaves the car. He gets out one of the bags he took with him and Jeonghan is surprised to see him takes out a set of plates.

"We bought them together when we moved in. He said 'now everything in here is ours'. I didn't understand at first but he didn't mean all the furniture or the other stuff...what he meant to say was that it's ours that we two are one from then on. I never thought he'd turn out to be everything but what I thought he was. I want to get rid of them", Wonwoo explains with a sad smile and Jeonghan nods understanding.

"Then let's get rid of them!"

When Wonwoo throws the first plate against the big stone on the field he doesn't feel anything. He screams when he throws the second one and with the third, he starts crying.

He falls onto his knees when all the plates are broken the left over pieces scattered in front of him. The tears stream down his face and he doesn't try to hold back the sobs. 

Jeonghan is standing next to him the whole time a hand on Wonwoo's shoulder. He could never understand what Wonwoo was going through right now and he felt like he didn't belong there, wasn't in the position to comfort him because Jeonghan felt like he was partly the reason why Wonwoo had to go through this.

Wonwoo stands up a few minutes later and dries his tears. He looks over at the broken plates and then at Jeonghan.

"Broken plates and broken hearts always come together. If I go through a break up I want a real one. With all the ugly crying and ice cream and broken plates. This may sound so fucking weird but I needed this, partly to let go but also because Seongcheol has enough plates."

Jeonghan laughs and in that moment it feels right. So Wonwoo laughs too.