Trying to

So Wonwoo tries.

Tries to live on without Mingyu.
He eats breakfast on his own when Seongcheol is already off to work.
He drives to work with public transport instead of Mingyu dropping him off before Mingyu drove to work himself.
He cooks for himself or maybe if Seongcheol is home around lunchtime for them both.
He cleans the flat sometimes. He and Seongcheol made up a pattern when who cleans.

Tries to get Mingyu out of his head.
He tries not to think about Mingyu driving him to work when he takes public transport alone.
Whenever he gets in a situation where got reminded of Mingyu he tries to think of something else.
Tries to combine the place or situation with something else than Mingyu. It's not the coffee shop that Mingyu showed him but the coffee shop with the best simple black coffee in town and a really nice barista with really nicely braided hair. It's not the hoodie Mingyu bought him but the only coloured hoodie he has. It's not Mingyu's favourite meal he's cooking but the only meal he has the ingredients for.

It's hard but he tries his best to do all these things. He tries to just live on without Mingyu. 

And it gets easier as the days go by. After a week he got used to his new everyday life. After a month his mind doesn't constantly drift off to Mingyu all the time. After six weeks he's not constantly reminded of the way they broke up all the time when he sees happy couples on the street. 

And then he meets Jeonghan again.

It's a Wednesday and Wonwoo's getting his favourite coffee when Jeonghan walks into the coffee shop and greets the barista behind the counter like an old friend without noticing Wonwoo beside him.

"Hey, Jihoon. How are you?", he says happily and the barista - Jihoon - just smiles and starts making another coffee. He just seems to know what Jeonghan wants without him ordering. He keeps on chatting with Jeonghan while he does so and it seems like Jeonghan hasn't noticed him yet. 

Wonwoo's not sure what to do at first. He differs between saying hi or just leaving and hoping Jeonghan doesn't notice him.

Jeonghan does tho and when he does Wonwoo acts surprised as if he only noticed him now too.

"Wonwoo! Nice to see you"

"Jeonghan! I didn't even notice you, I'm sorry", Wonwoo says hoping his acting is convincing.

"No hard feelings. How are you doing?", Jeonghan asks and Wonwoo can hear real concern in his voice. It was Jeonghan who witnessed Wonwoo's breakdown after the break-up after all.

"Good, I guess. I've been trying to just move on which is harder than it sounds but I have to, don't I?"

Jeonghan nods taking the coffee Jihoon is handing him. Jihoon then notices Wonwoo too.

"Oh, Hi. You're Wonwoo, right? Jeonghan told me about you - not that he's been like talking bad about you behind your back or something - but he told me about the ugly break-up he had to witness and when he told me it was Mingyu I wasn't even surprised", he says.

"You know Mingyu?"

"Oh yeah, I went to school with him before I transferred because we moved and I later moved back here ... but that doesn't have to do with this story ... he's always been an asshole and then a while back I heard he became the dream boyfriend and all because he found the right person - all those shitty rumours, you know? Well, I didn't really believe them and apparently, I was right."

Wonwoo nods and suddenly remembers how Mingyu told him about a friend from school who just fits Jihoon's description.

"Oh my god!", he gasps and Jihoon looks at him confused.

"You're... fuck, you're actually nice!"

"I guess", Jihoon says and seems a bit taken aback by Wonwoo's words.

"God...that sounded wrong...", Wonwoo chuckles and continues to explain.

"Mingyu used to tell me about a guy he went to school with that was kind of an asshole and stuff and he always calls him dwarf or something like that making fun of his height and now...what you say makes way more sense."

Jihoon nods understanding.

"He talked shit about the only person that talked shit about him, of course", Jihoon says and laughs a little.

"Glad you actually think I'm not that bad."

"You're really nice, Jihoon", Wonwoo says reassuringly.

"Good. I have to keep working but if you allow me to give you some advice, go out. Get some friends together and go out or go by yourself and try to meet new people. That's a good way to let go completely of an ex-lover. See you around?"

Wonwoo nods and says goodbye to Jeonghan before he leaves to go to work.