Love?

nervous

-adjective
-easily agitated or distressed; high-strung or jumpy
-marked by or having a feeling of unease or apprehension

Wonwoo had looked up the definition. He's not sure if the word nervous is really enough to describe how he feels right now. He's in the car, Junhui next to him driving them to the airport to pick up Junhui's parents. Maybe frightened describes the state he's in better.

frightened
-adjective
-feeling or showing fear, especially suddenly

Okay, that's also not quite what he is feeling. Maybe there isn't a word to describe the way Wonwoo feels right now. He hasn't said a word since he sat into the car. His thoughts running through all the scenarios that could happen the moment he meets Junhui's parents.

Junhui had been happy that Wonwoo agreed to meet his parents. Maybe happy wasn't enough to describe Junhui's reaction either.

happy
-adjective
-feelings of pleasure, usually because something nice happened or because the person feels satisfied with their life

Well, this does kinda describe Junhui's reaction. He was practically beaming the moment Wonwoo told him that he would like to meet Junhui's parents when they come to visit. Junhui immediately planned Wonwoo to come with him to pick his parents from the airport and Wonwoo's sure he hasn't been not-frightened since then.

And Wonwoo was excited to meet Junhui's parents just as much as Junhui. He's just afraid to not be enough. He knew how to speak Chinese - his parents made him take lessons when he was in school which he was now thankful for - and he knew he was a good person but still, he had doubts about being good enough for Junhui in the eyes of Junhui's parents.

Junhui told him that all his parents cared about was that Junhui loved the person and was loved in return. If that was the case they would accept whoever Junhui chose to be his partner.

Love
- noun
- an intense feeling of deep affection
- a strong feeling of affection and sexual attraction for someone

Was it really love that he felt for Junhui? There definitely was sexual attraction between them and yes affection too but still, Wonwoo didn't want to tell Junhui that he loved him and in the end, Wonwoo was only lying to Junhui and himself. He didn't want to hurt anyone.

He looks up from his phone and over to Junhui who was mouthing the lyrics to the song on the radio while he concentrates on driving. It's ironic that the song fits his thoughts. He chuckles when he notices the lyrics.

Who do you love?
Is it him or me?
Cause I can't take the pressure anymore.
Who do you love?

And suddenly Wonwoo feels like he is the meanest person alive for letting Junhui wait for him. Just because he is an emotional wreck, he lets Junhui worry about their relationship.

He's so lost in his thoughts that he does not notice that they already arrived at the airport. Junhui opens the door for him and Wonwoo practically jumps out of the car.

"Excited?", Junhui asks.

Wonwoo only tries himself at a laugh but it sounds more like a frightened whimper.

"Baby, don't worry, they'll love you", Junhui says and takes Wonwoo's hand to lead him into the airport. He gives Wonwoo no time to react to the new pet name.

Junhui's parents are the nicest people possible. Wonwoo lets Junhui greet them alone first. The Chinese boy nearly runs over to his parents and into their arms. Wonwoo enjoys seeing Junhui this happy. He really did not see his parents for over a year. Wonwoo realises what a privilege it is to have his parents a two hours drive away.

After a few moments, Junhui and his parents walk over to Wonwoo. And suddenly Wonwoo isn't afraid anymore. He is greeted by hugs and smiling faces that look him up and down before they smile even brighter. Wonwoo smiles too, a little overwhelmed by this friendly hello.

They ask questions about Wonwoo's life, his work, his family. And Wonwoo feels so welcomed that the car ride to Junhui's apartment feels like only a few minutes. He talks in - sometimes in horrible Chinese but somehow they understand - on and on while he tries his best to understand the stories they start to tell about Junhui.

Wonwoo had prepared dinner and Junhui's parents actually said they like it and Wonwoo's fears are washed away one after another.

When they go to bed - after Wonwoo and Junhui both discussed with his parents that they would sleep in the bed and Junhui on the sofa - Wonwoo packs his things together, ready to go home when he said goodbye to Junhui.

But Junhui takes the bag out of his hand and puts it to the side before he pulls Wonwoo into his arms and whispers: "Stay."

He does stay because he would never say no to spending more time with Junhui.

"Okay", he whispers back.

When they lay down to sleep the sofa is the most uncomfortable place to sleep on but using each other as pillow they somehow make it work.

Wonwoo knows that Junhui's parents like him when they wake them up in the morning and cooing at the way the two of them had slept.