✓ | fourty six

daniel held the door to a small ice cream shop to let paris and two other people in, once he let them in he gently closed the door. paris quickly ran up to the counter and looked at the menu, daniel walked to her and laughed.

"you really want ice cream huh?" he asked her. she laughed and nodded her head. the person at the counter asked her what she wanted.

"i'll have cookie dough in a bowl please." paris told her and smiled at her.

"and for you sir?" she gestured towards daniel.

"i'll have vanilla." daniel answered with a sweet smile. the two stood there waiting for their ice cream. the woman handed them their bowls. daniel got his wallet out to pay for them and handed her $6:00. the two thanked her as they went back out the door.

"i love ice cream." paris said as she sat down with daniel at a table outside.

"really? i can't tell!" he said joking.
daniel picked up his spoon and dug into his cold treat in front of him.

"so this morning, zach texted me and said the weirdest thing." paris said looking off into the distance at the rest of the town.

"i mean it's zach how bad could it get." he laughed a little.

"well he said that corbyn likes me." she said changing her focus to daniels face. before she could say another thing daniel was coughing, his eyes brimming with tears. when he was able to stop he put his hand on his forehead and sighed.

"he said what?" he asked her as he looked into her green eyes.

"well, one, are you okay? and two, he said corbyn likes me." daniel looked to his right out into the street and then back to paris.

"yes i'm okay, i choked. two why would he say that? i mean it's probably not true like at all! so i mean he doesn't need to lie to you like that because that's just mean and uh i..." daniel realized he was rambling on and he ran out of excuses to hide his best friends secret. daniel nervously laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. "haha... yeah not true." he said when he looked at paris. she had one eyebrow raised and her spoon in her mouth.

"so he likes me?" she said as she pulled the spoon out and rested it in the bowl.

"yeah, he does." daniel said looking down. corbyn would be furious when he found out that daniel told the one thing he wanted to keep to himself and the band, he felt bad. "do you like him too?"

"i don't really know yet. i think i do, my heart says so but my brain says no, he's your best friend you can't ruin that." she said disappointed in herself.

"paris, you do what your heart wants. if you have feelings for corbyn, then i think you should go for it and tell him." he told her. she smiled at the blue eyed boy in front of her.

"thanks daniel." she said. daniel pulled out his phone and clicked on the group chat between zach, jack, jonah, and himself and texted the only words any of them wanted to hear.

the plan is in action