Three

The border to the Pride Lands was dense and Jamila, Nailah and Ajani stood there in silence.

"You nervous?" Nailah asked them both. Ajani and Jamila shook there head at her.
"This is what we trained for. Our entire lives. We've got this." Jamila tried to reassure Nailah. The grey cub nodded cautiously at her.
"If you say so, Jamila." Nailah sighed before the three cubs looked at each other. Ajani jerked his head in the direction of Pride Rock.
"Should we get going then?" he asked them both. They nodded.
"Remember the plan." Nailah sighed looking back into the Outlands and into Janja's territory. Jamila gulped and Ajani's ears lowered to the back of his head. "This can be nasty if the guard decide to not come and help us." he warned them both. Jamila nodded. "We're aware of that. But it's the only way. According to Jelani." Nailah growled slightly before the they all turned around again and walked back into the Outlands and towards Janja's turf. Hiding there fear and discomfort.

"It's funny though isn't it! How hyenas are soooo stupid! They can't even hunt a hare let alone a zebra!" Ajani yelled as he, Jamila and Nailah walked threw Janja's turf.
"I have to agree hyenas are so thick!" Nailah continues laughing smiling at Ajani.
"Oh and don't forget, ugly!" Jamila smirked making the three cubs all laugh at once.

"Hey! Who are you calling ugly!?" a voice suddenly yelled. Making the three cubs pause and look over their shoulders and they saw Janja and his henchmen Cheezi and Chungu.
"Urgh. I don't know? You!?" Ajani shouted back making Janja growl his eyes narrowed.
"Get them boys!" he yelled and Jamila, Nailah and Ajani looked at each other.
"Run?" Nailah asked Jamila. She nodded at her.
"Yes." she laughed nervously. At that the three of them began running. Ajani couldn't help but let out small laugh as they ran for their lives.

Their paws hit the hard ground as they ran at full speed away from the hyenas. But they were catching up, and quickly.
"Jamila! What do we do!?" Nailah yelled to the lead cub. Jamila looked behind her then in front and smirked. She looked back at Ajani and Nailah.
"Keep running! I have a plan!" she told them. They looked at each other uncertainty but did what she said likewise.

They went on running until Jamila took a sudden turning. To quick for Ajani and Nailah to follow. They skidded to a halt under the cliff wall.
"Hahaha! Got you now, lion cubs!" Janja laughed bearing his teeth.
"I can't believe, Jamila just left us like that!" Nailah whispered to Ajani. He growled then and both cubs got into defensive persissions and growled. With their hackles raised.

"Uh, Janja? Where is the other one?" Cheezi asked Janja glaring straight ahead. Janja just rolled his eyes.
"Who cares!? Let's get them!" Janja ordered at that they were all about to pounce when Jamila suddenly called from a ledge. With a boulder in front of her.
"Hey! Hyenas! Leave my friends alone!" she shouted in anger.
"Hahaha! And why would we do that?!" Janja smirked. But Jamila sighed and rolled her eyes.
"I said... leave. them. alone!" Jamila yelled and she pushed the boulder. Making it roll of ledge. It rolled towards the three hyenas. Making them yell out and hide. Jamila then jumped down from her hiding place and went to Ajani and Nailah.

"Wow we though you had abandoned us then!" Ajani laughed nervously. Jamila laughed and he and Nailah grinned.
"Don't worry we're a team. A team watches each other's backs." Jamila told them both.
"Yeah, you're right about that." Ajani grinned.

"Hey! Lion cubs! Are you okay!? You were being changed by Janja and his clan!" a males voice suddenly shouted. Making them all look up.
"Who are you!?" Ajani yelled up at them his eyes narrowed distrustfully.

"We are the Lion Guard. I am Kion, the fiercest. She is Fuli, the fastest. He is Beshte, the strongest. He is Ono, the smartest and keenest of sight! And last of all this is Bunga! The bravest!" the Lion cub with a clump of red mane on his head told them.
"Wait! You're Kion!? King Simba's son and leader of the lion guard!?" Nailah asked fangirling slightly. They nodded.
"Great! You're just who we were looking for!" Ajani told them cutting to the subject.

Nailah and Jamila pretended to be nervous and timid.
"Why's that?" Kion asked tilting his head to the side.
"Because, we were recently kicked out of our pride. Because food was scarce and every other pride we went to wouldn't except us. They chased us out of their terrortrys and threatened to kill us if we went back. And we heard about the Pride Lands and how generous you were. We were wondering if..." Nailah said with crocodile tears and her voice rushed as though she was about to cry. Kion and the guard looked at them pityingly.

"Of course! Of course you can be part of our pride! My dad will have no problem with having three new cubs around. Besides Kiara's cubs could use with a little company. Seeing as I'm always out protecting the Pride Lands!" Kion grinned at them. They all smiled.
"Oh you are so kind! We've been alone and starving for so long we thought you wouldn't except us!" Jamila smiled at Kion sweetly. He returned her smile.
"Yes. Well follow us, you three. What did you say you're name's are?" Beshte, the teen hippo, asked.
"We didn't. I'm Ajani." Ajani smirked holding his head high. Making Nailah and Jamila share a glance before rolling their eyes.
"Yeah. Yeah. No need to show of Ajani. I'm Nailah." Nailah grinned at the guard shyly.
"And I'm Jamila. I've been responsible for these two for a week already. Seeing as I'm the one who can hunt!" Jamila grinned. But in her art sentence she looked at Nailah and Ajani and sent them a glare.

"Hey!"
"Hey!" both cubs argued back glaring back but smirking slightly. Ajani then straightened himself.
"That is true." he grinned. Kion And the guard laughed and Fuli jerked her head towards the Pride Lands.
"We better get going then. It's getting dark." she smiled. Jamila, Nailah and Ajani nodded grinning. They than began walking.

The three cubs walking behind at a distance. Making sure the guard were out of ear shot Jamila turned to the others.

"Phew, that was nerve wracking." she grinned Ajani sighed and yawned.
"You got that right!" he smirked.
"So how are we going to let Jelani know we got in?" Nailah asked curiously. Jamila looked at Nailah with wide eyes.
"Weren't you listening?" she asked her.
"No. I was daydreaming!" Nailah replied. Ajani smiled and shook his head.
"We go to the Grassland boulder tomorrow and meet Katili. We tell her the news!" he told her.
"Oh...." Nailah laughed giving Jamila a nervous glance. Jamila rolled her eyes.
"Give me strength." she told the high heavens.
"We better catch up!" Nailah suggested bashfully her cheeks flushed. It just coming out from under her grey fur.
"Yeah! Last one there is a zebra!" Ajani shouted. Before he ran. Both girls running after him laughing.