Norman Osborn

Instead of going into the clearly marked Oscorp Parking Garage, the limo carrying Valerie and Felicia circles around the building to what looks like a small flowerbed decorating the back of the Oscorp building. The driver pushes a small button attached to the limo, and the flowerbed separates to reveal a hidden entrance.

“No way.” Valerie muses, “There’s no way you can keep that thing a secret.”

Felicia shakes her head, “Of course not, we’re on a busy New York street. Its more about the exclusivity. Not just anyone can enter Mr. Osborn’s private office and quarters.”

“Private office and quarters? Mr. Osborn lives here?” she asks.

“Yep. There’s a penthouse adjacent to Mr. Osborn’s office.”

“Geez, what does Oscorp not have?” Valerie wonders.

   Felicia and Valerie exit the limo, and Valerie follows her to a elevator, already open and waiting.

“Mr. Osborn’s office please.” Felicia commands clearly to the screen on the side of the elevator.

“Yes, Ms. Hardy.” the automated AI responds.

“Very impressive.” Valerie comments.

She nods, “Yeah, for this elevator, only certain voices are accepted. On the way back, we’ll register your voice as one of the accepted ones.”

“Alright.”

Valerie’s stomach sinks as the elevator bell dings, and the doors slowly part. His office, in contrast with the rest of the building, is a little more old-fashioned, its design relying more on mahogany wood and granite marble than glass. Although there’s still a small meeting table with a modern design and a decorative glass map of the world with the Oscorp logo over it.

Norman Osborn sits behind a traditional wooden desk, looking over some kind of holographic template.

“Mr. Osborn?” Felicia calls, “I have Dr. Valerie Polina here, of SapphireTech?”

He looks up from his work, and he swipes away the hologram, it completely disappearing from view, revealing his sickly appearance, “Ah, of course. Ms. Hardy, help me up, will you?”

Felicia races over as fast as her stiletto heels can carry her, in order to push Mr. Osborn in his chair, which turns out to have some medical equipment attached to it. He looks frail and tired, and the shade of his skin is almost...green.

“Mr. Osborn is suffering from retroviral hyperplasia.” Felicia explains, “Oscorp’s been trying to find a cure for years.”

“Is that what you want my team working on? Finding a cure?” she asks.

“Not quite.” Mr. Osborn replies, his voice soft, “I understand your team is more focused on medical equipment. And as you see, I’m using one of your products right now.” he gestures for Felicia to turn his chair. She does so, revealing a SapphireTech AutoRevive strapped to the chair, a plastic tube snaking from it and disappearing under his shirt.

“You see, I’ve been working on a specially designed suit that will stabilize my condition. I’ve sent the schematics to your new office here in Oscorp. This is what your team will be working on.” Mr. Osborn finishes.

Valerie nods, “Alright, thank you Mr. Osborn.”

She turns around to exit, when he raises a hand, “One more thing, Dr. Polina, since you are new to New York City, I have arranged for an apartment for you. After you finish your work here for the day, I’ll have Felicia escort you there.”