Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiders

Spider-Man and Tarantula rush out into the hallway where Deadpool is lifting an unconscious Harry,

“Adios, suckers!” he yelps, making a run for it.

Tarantula and Spider-Man take off after him, and Deadpool jumps through a window, taking a nose dive down the Oscorp building. Spider-Man jumps after him first, catching up to him in momentum and tackling Deadpool, causing him to lose grip of Harry. Tarantula swoops down on her webbed wings, grabbing Harry as they barrel to the ground. Unable to stop their fall, at the last moment Tarantula flips, crashing into the concrete on her backside. Harry, completely intact having landed on top of her, very slowly rises. He looks down at Tarantula, and watches as blood begins to seep from the back of her head. He reaches for her mask, but his hand is pulled back by a string of web,

“You don’t wanna do that.” Spider-Man interjects.

“She’s bleeding. She needs medical attention.” he explains, carefully lifting her up by the back of her head.

Spider-Man approaches her as she begins to stir. She holds her hand against her head, “Ow...that hurt.”

“How, how are you still alive?!” Harry blurts out.

Tarantula chuckles slightly as Spider-Man helps her up, “Trust me, it’s harder than it looks.”

They’re both fully on their feet when Deadpool jumps out from behind them, blades at the ready, “Here’s Johnny!”

His first blade slices into Spider-Man’s arm, and throws him back. Tarantula grabs Deadpool’s other arm, pushing him away so that she can spin around and elbow him in the face. Kicking him in the face for good measure, she lets him fall to the ground before running to Spidey.

“How bad did he get you?” she asks him.

“Not too bad.” he replies, as the bleeding stops from the large gash in his arm. Any other human being would need stitches for that wound, and Harry stares in wonder at these two superheros.

Police sirens begin blaring, red-and-blue lights reflecting off of the glass of the metropolitan buildings, and Spider-Man and Tarantula take this as their cue to exit.

“Wait…!” Harry cries, but they don’t hear them as they swing off into the night.

   “Okay, just take it as I come swinging toward you.” Spider-Man instructs, handing Tarantula the camera.

She holds up the old-fashioned film camera as he jumps back several buildings, the sky a bright pinkish orange as the sun begins to rise over the east. Taking a running start, he leaps off of the buildings with ease, approaching her at an ever increasing rate. As a grand finish, he slings a web to a nearby street lamp, diving down and swinging around it twice before catapulting himself off, launching up and striking a pose mid-air.

Tarantula takes this moment to snap several shots of him in this pose, his legs thrown up, his hands in his web shooting position. She looks down at the camera, “I got the-” just in time for Spider-Man to come crashing into her, throwing them both to the ground. Spider-Man, now on top of Tarantula, looks down at her, his expression hidden by his mask. Tarantula’s more visible expression however, is of pure embarrassment, “Uhm...I got your pictures.” she states, holding up the camera.

They both start laughing, and Spider-Man jumps to his feet, “Let’s see how they turned out.”

She hands him his camera, getting up and rubbing her eyes. They’d been out all night fighting crime, and now Spidey had asked her to stay just a little bit longer to take these pictures, “What exactly do you need these for anyway?”