Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I do not own Castle

Chapter 3

And as if on cue, her baby girl began crying. Kate wanted nothing else than to soothe her baby. The nurse explained that they were probably getting hungry now. Castle sat by her side, as she cooed her eldest to latch her tiny lips on to her breast.

Castle was holding on to his son, and watching the beauty of a mother nursing her child.

It took some time and a lot of cries and persuasion later, little baby Castle was content, and being nourished by her mother. Kate had never felt anything like it; to have those tiny lips on her… the connection she felt with her daughter was beautiful.

And then she felt a whisper at her ear,

"I never thought watching such a thing would be so beautiful"

Kate hummed, and then suddenly turned her face to him, looking at him quizzically, she asked

'"you never watched Meredith nursing Alexis?"

He looked down at his son, and said "yeah...No, she never let me... She thought I'd be turned off by the sight"

he expected her to laugh, but she just looked at him with the most comforting look.

He continued, trying to lighten the mood

"I'll tell you, it's anything but a turn off"

she nudged him playfully with her shoulder and said "Castle! You better not be getting aroused by looking at me nursing" she glared at him.

He laughed and said "no, of course not, maybe some other time, but today, it's just too beautiful a scene, to give it such a cheap reaction to"

she kissed his cheek and suddenly looked down to notice, her baby girl had stopped sucking and was fast asleep in her arms. She smiled and handed her sleeping infant to her husband, and then held her youngest to her bosom to nurse him.

Unlike his twin sister, he made no fuss in latching on to his mother's breast, and that made Kate smile.

Castle had a naughty smirk on his face. She asked, softly "what?"

So that her voice doesn't wake their sleeping daughter in his arms.

He whispered

"he's just like his dad, can't get enough of you"

Kate couldn't help the redness creeping up her face, and he kissed her ever so gently.

They both stared down at the little hungry guy; he surely did resemble Castle a lot.

but then too , both of them had mixed features of their parents. And it was a beautiful mix.

Castle laid both his children down, beside their mommy, he kissed their foreheads and said

"I love you two so much"

He then went to Kate's side, and kissed her until they were both breathless. He told her "why don't you get some rest… sleep for a while. You must be tired. I'll go speak to the doctor about your health and the babies'. I'll b back before u wake up ok.

She nodded and kissed him again. She said "I love you Rick Castle"

and he kissed her head, her eyes, her cheeks and her lips again, and whispered "I love you more Kate, and after today, I think there's nothing in this world that could ever make me love you less, you're amazing."

When Castle returned later, Kate was asleep, and she had her arm protectively laid over her twins beside her. Suddenly, he noticed his little girl, stir awake. He knew if she began to cry, she'd wake her little brother and mommy too.

His fatherly instincts led him to carry his baby girl up in his arms rocking her close to his chest... She remained quiet, her deep blue eyes staring up at this man, her daddy, and he began to softly sing to her,

"hush little baby, don't say a word, daddy's gonna buy you a mocking bird…" and as he sang, he saw a hint of a smile on her tiny little face. So he sang on.

She was clearly enjoying it. He hadn't realized, his deep singing voice had roused Kate from her sleep. And there she was, smiling at him, he was going to say something to her, but she interrupted him.

"don't stop... We like it" he smiled, and walked towards his family, continuing his little lullaby.