Chapter 12

Chapter 12

They fed them, and then changed them, and although Nate wouldn't stop crying every time they tried to take him away from his mommy, even for a second, they finally managed to put the two to sleep.

Rick kissed them both goodnight and added "Tomorrows your big day buddies. Sleep well." He then turned and put his arm around Kate.

"There, now you can strip and take that shower you've been waiting for"

she leaned against him. "My feet are killing me"

he stopped. Reached down behind her knees and put an arm around her back, and lifted her off the ground.

"I should have seen that one coming" she chuckled, but didn't fight him.

He carried her with so much ease. Just like the day he put a ring on her finger and brought her home as his wife.

she closed her eyes and leaned her head against his shoulder and said softly

"I don't know what I did to deserve you… you take care of the kids all day long, and then I come home and really, you should be as tired as I am, but you do everything you can to take care of me too"

"we're a family Kate. It's what we do"

"she kissed his cheek and said "I love you Richard Castle"

"I love you too Katherine"

she laughed. "Katherine sounds so weird from you"

"What? You don't like me saying your name?"

"It's just... you've always called me Kate. So its weird hearing you say Katherine"

"but I like Katherine"

"I never said you shouldn't. You better love Katherine, but just don't call me it."

"Katherine…"

"Stop it"

"Katherine..." he began to say in a tone that he usually used only in bed.

"Rick" she hit him playfully.

"Katherine…" this time more sinfully

she finally kissed him to shut him up., both of them smiling and giggling in the kiss.

When Kate walked out of the bathroom, wearing just a loose t-shirt that belonged to her husband, and her shorts, she found Castle sitting at the edge of the bed, doing something on his phone.

He was wearing nothing but his boxers. She walked to the bed, got on top and kneeled behind him.

She put her arms around him and began kissing the back of his neck…

"What you doing?" she asked him.

"Hmmmm" he smiled feeling her lips caressing his skin.

"What's on that phone of yours that's so interesting that you didn't even look up when I came out of the bathroom" she softly nibbled on his ear.

"Have a look" he said.

And she rested her chin on his shoulder and looked down at his phone screen.

There were pictures of Nate and Jo, the day they were born. The day they came into the world. There were pictures of Kate holding both of them in her arms, there were pictures of all four of them. There were pictures of the kids with Alexis and Martha too. And it was all so overwhelming to watch. Rick tilted his head a little and looked at her.

"It's been a year since that day Kate, and I'm just so grateful to you for giving me these two little angels"

she kissed him. "Why are you thanking me? I couldn't have created them myself. She bit his lip and he laughed."

They looked at the photos again.

"They're going to grow older soon." Castle said.

"Don't remind me. Let me just live with the fact that they're still my babies and they're not going anywhere."

"Wait till they'll have to go to school. It'll be harder for us to drop them off than it is for them to adjust to the new school."

Kate laughed and then moved her hands down his chest... she breathed him in and said.

"Put the phone away Castle. I want to make love to you" she began kissing his neck, her hands wandering down his chest and back up to his shoulders, massaging them softly while she kissed him.

He seemed to be enjoying every touch, every kiss. He closed his eyes, and she slid her hands down his spine, then up to his shoulder blades.

"Your body is perfect. You know that?"

She whispered in his ear.

He laughed and looked back at her.

"You're using my own lines on me"

"haha" she dead-panned.

And he turned around and pinned her to the bed, climbing on top of her.

She chuckled. His eyes were darkened with lust.

She ran her hand through his hair, and pulled him down to clash his lips against hers, and soon, even the few pieces of clothing they had on seemed to be thrown to the corners of the room. Just as he readied himself against her, he spoke at her ear

"If Nate or Jo choose this moment to wake up and cry for you to come get them…"

"Shh... Castle…" she moaned... "Less talking, more action"

"Yes Ma'am"

A few minutes later, while they were cuddling under the covers,

"What time is Alexis coming over tomorrow?" Castle asked Kate.

"She said she'll be here in the morning. And she's invited her boyfriend to come over too"

"Oh…"

"Castle..."

"What? I'm allowed to feel over protective about my daughter. We'll both be feeling this way when Jo gets a boyfriend. I can't wait to see what you'd do then"

"Castle, my baby's not going to get a boyfriend"

"see... you've already decided for her" he joked.

"No... I just… can we not talk about this?!"

"Okay, but I'm sure when she comes of age, you might just put a security detail on her to see that no boy gets near her"

Kate smiled. "Maybe I will."

"They're just a year old and were already thinking about what they'd be like when they're teenagers." Rick said.

"Yea...why can't they just stay this way? Why do they have to grow older?" Kate whined.

"Speaking of which, did you check out the cake?"

Kate looked up at him with a naughty smile. "Yea, I confirmed the order. Strawberry ice cream cake. It's perfect" she lightly bit on her lip.

"Good, cause I intend on keeping a nice big piece of the cake for us to have after desert"

Kate's smile grew wider and she traced patterns on his chest.

"After desert ha?" she teased.

"Yup, when the party's over tomorrow, and the kids are asleep. You and I are going to have our own little party here"

Kate laughed and kissed him softly

"Whatever you say big guy..."

"Sleep now. You're tired..." Castle said.

"So are you…"

"Yea but I won't sleep until you do"

Kate smiled into his chest and whispered in her drowsy state.

"You're a good man Castle, a good husband and an amazing father…"

"You make me a better man Kate" he kissed in her hair and she fell asleep with that.

"I love you Kate… always"