Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It was evening time, and Alexis was now siting beside Kate, playing with her little brother.

"I don't think I've ever mentioned to you guys before about how much I really wanted a sibling.

I never for once imagined I'd get two little perfections like these."

Kate felt proud. She said "it wasn't a surprise to me. Anything that your dad creates is perfection, including you... I can't wait to take them back home to the loft now."

Just then Castle entered.

"so I talked to the doctor, she said we can discharge you tomorrow afternoon..."

Alexis squealed "that's great!"

She then started texting furiously, and Kate just looked at Castle questioningly.

She asked her "Lexi, sweetheart, I hope u guys are not planning anything big for tomorrow"

Alexis nervously began

"big? Oh, no, not at all, don't you worry... I got to make a call ok"

saying this she ran out of the room.

Castle laughed at his daughter's inability to keep a secret well. He then looked at Kate and found her starring at the twins, but she seemed to be deep in thought. He stepped closer to her.

Kate then began

"Castle, this is all very new to me, I mean, they're my first, and I've got two of them… I mean, I just want to be sure I'm doing things right. You've raised Alexis so beautifully, and there's nothing I want more, than to love our children and raise them to be just like Alexis."

Castle interrupted her

"Kate, where are these insecurities coming from? You listen to me now ok? Bringing up Alexis was what I enjoyed. Of course I had a lot of trouble juggling writing and taking care of her. I had to learn how to change diapers, how to handle tantrums and fussy eating habits and a lot more, and if after doing all that singlehandedly, Alexis has turned out so amazing, I can't begin to tell you how lucky the two of them are to have both their parents here for them.."

he said, lightly nudging the back of his knuckle against his baby girl's cheek. "With a mommy like you, they'll never fall short of love.

And that's what matters. You're an awesome mommy, Kate. And clearly, they're as smitten as I was when I first saw you"

Kate laughed at that. And she was okay again. They spent their evening deciding names, not coming to a conclusion on one, and playing with their bundles of joy.

It was afternoon, and Jim Beckett had come to the hospital just in time for Kate to be discharged.

They were now standing at the door to the loft, Kate holding her youngest, Rick holding onto their baby girl, and juggling the keys in the other hand. While Jim carried Kate's duffel bag.

As Rick turned the key in the door, Kate looked down at her babies and said

"time to see your new home darlings"

and then came the loud cheer of "welcome home!" from a big crowd of all too familiar faces.

Everyone was there, her colleagues and friends from the precinct, the mayor, even Castle's poker buddies. And it was suddenly too much noise for Castle Jr. He began crying and Alexis took him from Kate's arms to coo him. She went ahead to show him off to her group of friends.

There was cake, drinks and snacks all around. People had bought gifts for them; it was even grander than the baby shower Lanie threw for her.

She went up to Lanie, and hugged her tight and said "should I hold you responsible for this?"

"Girl, I'd be happy to take the credit, but ds one has Alexis, Javi and Kevin's fingerprints all over it"

Kate looked around the crowd searching for them, and said "Does it now?, then I'm going to have to make an arrest today"

Lanie said "hey as long as casa Castle is the lock up, I don't think they'd have a problem"

When Kate met her boys, she hugged them both and thanked them for the amazing welcome home party. They told her how much they'd been missing her, this last month at the precinct and they'd been waiting to throw this party for her and Castle and the new additions to the family.

After all the guests had left, and all the gifts had been open, and Martha and Alexis decided to retire for the night, Rick and Kate put their little babies to sleep after changing them and nursing them.

And as they stood there watching over their sleeping babies, Rick put his arm around Kate, and pulled her closer into his side, and she rested her cheek against him.

"They're going to grow up beautifully" he stated confidently.

"You think so?" she asked playfully.

"I know so. They don't look like trouble-makers to me."

"They mostly never do at this age Castle" she chuckled.

"Take my word for it. Raising these two... will be a piece of cake"