Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Kate was still awake when Castle returned to their bedroom. But he didn't say a word. He walked to her side of the bed and placed the moisturizer on her bedside table.

"Castle…"

"Sleep Kate, we'll talk tomorrow" he said while he got into bed on his side.

"We need to talk right now…"

"I can't... I'm not in the mood right now."

He turned to face the opposite direction from her and pulled the covers right up till his chest.

Kate looked on at him for a moment. But she didn't move. She applied some moisturizer on her skin then and lay down under the covers too.

She scooted closer to her husband and lightly ran her hand up and down his arm.

"I still want to give you that body massage Rick" she tried to make conversation

"Forget it. The time's passed" he replied, with no effort to look at her while talking. She put her forehead to his back and let her hand go under the covers to wrap around his midsection.

She splayed her fingers across his chest and kissed his spine.

But still got no reaction from him. She took it as a little bit of a good sign that at least he wasn't pushing her hand away.

When Kate woke up the next morning, Castle was fast asleep beside her. Somewhere in the middle of the night, their positions had changed and now she was cuddled into his side, his arm wrapped protectively around her.

She decided to wake him up with a kiss... maybe he'll see it as the apology she owed him and wanted him to accept. She hovered over him and lightly connected her lips to his, moving his lips apart with hers and waking him up in the process, although, he didn't open his eyes, but he soon began to actively participate in the kiss, so much so, that she lost all control over the kiss and he was suddenly the one in charge.

He turned her over and got on top of her, pinning her down to the bed as his hands held hers above her head. It all felt as if he was dreaming of her, and the kiss seemed to be bringing him out of a racy dream into reality. Because he seemed to be in a trance.

Hypnotised to make love to her. And she didn't really care anymore, cause his kiss was digging deep into her heart, tasting her for all she worth. Making her heart race with his, the same heart that was beating erratically through his chest against hers.

She moaned and it seemed to encourage him. But then he made a move so fast, speeding up a process she thought he'd happily take his time with this morning.

He held her hands above with one hand and his other hand reached down between them to free himself, and expose her too, and without warning, he began to pleasure them both.

Somewhere in the middle of it all, realization dawned onto Kate. He was hypnotised alright. Hypnotised by anger. He made her come, and he arrived soon after her, but she knew it was all done in pure anger.

After it was done, and he was breathing heavily at her ear, she smoothed her hand over his shoulder blades, his skin burning under her touch

"Talk to me" she said

But he didn't. Two minutes until he caught up with his heart rate and he was off her.

"Castle…" she called out. But all he did was sit up on his side of the bed with his legs touching the ground. He opened up the drawer there and pulled out a phone. Kate sat up, not really sure what he was up to.