chapter thirteen

Chapter Thirteen.

-

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKEY!" They shouted as I entered Luke's house.

I smiled, my cheeks heating.

"Make a wish!" Luke insisted, guiding me towards the cake.

I wish to wake up next to Lucas Robert Hemmings, every single morning for the rest of my life.

I blew out the candles, and kissed Luke's cheek. "Thank you, just thank you for everything." I told them.

"You made it, Mikey. You did it." Calum said, pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back, "I did it." I whispered.

Ashton and Luke smiled, as we separated from our hug.

We all took a piece of cake and went to Luke's room, which was the biggest room in the house.

"Mikey...you said you'd tell them everything." Calum said. I nodded.

"Tell us what?" Ash asked.

"A few days ago, when I hadn't gotten much sleep, and Calum seemed the most worried, it was for a reason." I said.

They have me confused looks. "When I was younger, I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and severe depression-"

"Oh my god." Ashton whispered.

"And one night, just a few months ago...it was the first time I stayed up all night. And that resulted in..." I couldn't say it. It made me feel ashamed to think of it.

I look at Calum for help. "He attempted suicide. And I had to take him to the hospital." He said, quietly.

Luke bit his lip. "I had no idea you were that sad." He mumbled.

"It's okay, not many people notice." He shook his head. "I wish I was there to stop you. Please don't ever do it again...we need you."

Ashton nodded, as well as Calum. "I'm never going to do it again. I can have a better life now, and I won't have to have those thoughts. And I have you guys...and this is best birthday ever." I said.

They all smiled, "good, because we can make it better now!" Ashton said, and pulled out a box wrapped in paper and duct tape.

"I didn't really know what to get you. So yeah, I had to ask Calum." I nodded.

I slowly opened the box, he got me guitar stickers and more strings.

"Thank you so much." I said, pulling him into a hug. Calum handed me an envelope and a small box.

I opened box first, his orders, and there was hair dye and a letter. "Aw, you got me hair dye." I said. He smiled.

The letter said:

Dear micheal,

I know over the past few months you've been going through so much and I can only help minimal but I want you to know how much I love you and how much you mean to me. You're my best friend/ brother and you deserve a lot more than you have.

So has mushy and loving as I'd love to make those, you need to open the envelope, mate.

Love always,

Calum.

I then went to open the envelope.

Oh my god.

"Calum..." I whispered. There were four tickets. Four plane tickets. To New York.

"You get to see your mum, along with your best mates." He said. I pulled him into the tightest hug, "you literally are the best friend in the world." I whispered.

"I know it's not much, but I spent amount two weeks making it." Luke said, handing me a small box.

I opened it to find a necklace with half of the ying- yang.

"Where's the other half?" I asked, a smile on my face.

He rolled up his sleeve, showing a charm bracelet with my name on if and the other half. "You're my other half." He whispered.

I swear I could've broken down and cried.

I kissed his nose, his cheek and finally, his very beautiful lips. "Put it on me, doofus."

-

Dear diary,

I love Luke. Luke loves me, we can be a happy family.

It's been the beta birthday ever, and I've literally cried out my happiness after the day I've had. Luke basically showered me in kisses, and I couldn't be happier.

Sincerely,

Micheal.