chapter eighteen

Chapter Eighteen.

- Luke's point of view -

I can't take the suspense. They won't tell us anything.

It's literally killing me. All I can think is that it's my fault.

Unless, mikey looks me in the eye, and tells me it's not my fault, I'll forever believe it is.

We've sat in this waiting room for three hours. And no one has come for Michael. No one in his family. It's just us three.

"Cal?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Is his dad coming?"

"You'd think he would. He was crying when we left." He stated, rolling his eyes.

"Do you think he hates me?" I asked.

Calum's face softened, "of course he doesn't. He loves you, luke."

I didn't feel like he loved me. Or, maybe he didn't feel like I loved him.

But I'll make it up to him.

-

"Is anyone here for Michael Clifford?"

"Yeah, we are." Calum said, pulling us up.

"Right this way." She said.

We followed her around many corners before she stopped at a door.

"So, he's in pretty good condition. We've pumped his stomach and stitched his wrists, and he seems okay. But we have to keep a watch on him, because this was a suicide attempt. He is asking for a Luke?" She said.

"That's me." I said.

"I'm supposed to only let you in first, he seemed really persistent." I nodded.

She opened the door and in only seconds I was in his arms. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"It's okay, baby." I said.

"No, it's not okay. I was being completely selfish." He said.

"Listen to me. I love you. I love you so much and I know it's just words and you may feel as though I don't mean them, but I promise you my life, that I love you. And I just want to show you I love you. Because words aren't enough for me." I said.

He smiled, "I love you too." He said.

"Then show me." I whispered. He crashed his lips onto mine. It was like a wave of fireworks had erruoted between us.

The kiss was full of love. I didn't want it to end im but unfortunately, humans need to breathe.

"Wow." He said, catching his breath. "I love you." I said.

"I love you too."

-

Dear diary,

I was wrong.

Luke does love me, and he showed it in the sweetest, most amazing way possible. And I love him with all of my heart and soul.

I'm never doing anything to rid myself of this planet ever again.

I'm done.

No cutting or anything.

I'm done.

I can't keep hurting the one's that love me.

And I can't keep hurting myself.

Sincerely,

Michael.