eleven

I scoffed at the angel in front of me, my eyes flashing once again. I was still angry, and even though my anger was not directed towards Castiel, I knew I was going to take it out on him. 

"Excuse me?" My eyes returned to their normal color.

"What have you done?" Worry and disappointment were clear in his voice, which made the pang of guilt come back to my stomach.

"What does it look like?" I asked sarcastically. Castiel and I began to circle the room, watching each other.

He shook his head. "Why would you- How - ?" For the first time since I had met Cas, he seemed to be at a loss for words.

I laughed without humor. "You didn't help me, I was running out of options."

"Help you with what?"

Something inside me stirred. I stopped walking, glaring at the angel in front of me. The doors to the rooms upstairs slammed shut, which made Castiel look around, confused. "Are you doing that?"

"Well you aren't," I rolled my eyes.

"Marilyn, what did you need help with? Why didn't you ask?"

"I did ask!" I said, my voice getting louder. "After he offered. I didn't know what to do, so I prayed to you, Cas. I prayed to you and you ignored me. What was I supposed to do?"

"Try again?" Castiel answered, his voice hard.

"Do you not remember what you told me?" I asked, which I could tell caught him off guard.

"I do not recall what you are speaking of."

"No, of course you don't." I rolled my eyes again.

"Marilyn, what-"

"After the doctors announced I was dead. You tried to get me to leave again. Do you remember what you said to me?"

Castiel cocked his head to the side, confusion taking over his features.

I shook my head. "I can't believe you."

"I don't understa-"

"No, you never do!" I shouted. "You said it and you don't even remember what you said!"

"Marilyn, what did I say?"

"You said, 'If you do not come with me now, the doors to Heaven will never be opened to you again. You will become a monster, a strong one. One that not only the Winchesters will want to dispose of, but one that Heaven will want gone as well.'"

He nodded once, suddenly remembering. "I gave you an option. I told you to come with me."

"You didn't do a very good job of convincing me."

"I am no reaper, you must remember that."

"So then why were you recruited to convince me to go with you?"

He gave me a small shrug. "With what you are-"

"What am I?" I asked loudly. "Why won't anyone tell me?"

"You will learn in due time."

I took a step towards Castiel, tired of this game. "No. Dammit, Castiel, I want to know and I want to know now."

He took a step back. "My sincerest apologizes, but I cannot tell you."

"Can't or won't?"

"I said can't."

I shook my head, my eyes flashing black again. "I'm not asking."

The angels eyes widened, and he began to slowly back away from me. "Marilyn, I can't tell you."