fourteen

"No," I said, absent-mindedly stepping closer to Dean, who instinctively opened his arms. "I won't do it. And you can't make me."

I could feel Dean's hesitance as I stepped into his arms. I tried to ignore it.

"And what makes you so sure of that? You heard the angel, I had planned to force you. Who said anything's changed?"

"You really don't know when to stop, do you?" Sam muttered under his breath.

I leaned forward slightly. "I can kill you," I told Crowley, who was still pressed up against the wall. "And don't think I won't."

"Why don't you just do it?" Sam asked eagerly.

"She can't," Crowley said in a bored voice.

I raised my eyebrows, making a light fist. Crowley folded over in pain.

"You need me! You-" he gasped. "-need me!"

"For what?" I snapped, opening my hand. "Anything you can do for me Castiel can do, and I'd much rather have him help me than you."

"He can't reverse this, though."

"Reverse what?"

Crowley smirked. "You're still a demon, darling."

Dean's arms tightened around me.

"He can help me."

"Marilyn," Castiel said. I looked around Dean, trying to make eye contact with Cas.

"Yes?"

"The demon is right." 

The room fell silent, Sam looking at Dean and me, despondent. Dean leaned forward, pressing his lips to the top of my head and staying there. I looked at the floor, holding back angry tears.

"You found a cure for me," Dean broke the silence, turning to look at Castiel. He kept his cheek pressed on the top of my head, hugging me closer to him. "We did it for me, we can do it for her."

"Dean, I can't."

"You can. And you will. We all will."

"Dean, I can't." Castiel repeated.

"Why not?" Dean barked, making me jump.

"You were human," Castiel's voice was sad. "She isn't. And we just explained that she's different. That makes this seemingly irreversible."

"I won't accept that." Dean said, his voice hard.

"My apologies."

"No, Cas-"

"Dean, he can't do anything." I turned around, my hands finding their spot on Dean's chest.

"So what does that mean?" Sam asked slowly.

"She can't stay here, she can't stay on earth." Castiel replied, as if it answered the question.

"So she's coming with me." Crowley said.

"I can be killed," I spoke the realization out loud. "We just have to kill me."

"No," Dean glared at me. "Absolutely not."

"It's the only way. I'm not going with Crowley. I have to die."

"Can't be done," Crowley said in a matter-of-factly tone. "You're incapable of dying."

"I've done it before," I snapped, turning and silencing the demon pressed against the wall. "I'll do it again."

"Marilyn, no." Dean said, placing his hands on my cheeks and turning my head, forcing me to look at him. "I can't lose you again."