epilogue

- Three weeks later -

"It's going to rain," Marilyn whined, looking up at the dark gray clouds above the city. Dean just shrugged, snaking his arm around her waist and pulling her closer to him.

"You're the one that said you wanted to go for a walk," he reminded her, kissing the top of her head.

She rolled her eyes, putting one of her arms around his waist and leaning into him. "That was earlier, before it got this dark."

"Oh, come on, baby. Please?"

She sighed, pretending to be annoyed. "Fine." The truth was, as long as she was with Dean, she didn't care where they were or what was happening.

He chuckled, kissing her forehead. Dean lead them into the park not too far from the house, not appearing to take into account that it was pretty much vacant.

"It's going to pour," Marilyn said, looking around. Besides them, there were two other people in the park, both of them walking their dogs. By the way they both constantly looked at the sky, it was obvious that they were only out so their dogs wouldn't have to come out later.

"So then we'll be walking in the rain," Dean rolled his eyes at her, smiling.

 She poked him, trying to appear as if she were annoyed with him. He continued to smile, but didn't look at her, trying to let her live out her little act for a few more minutes. He knew, as well as she did, that if Dean looked at her, Marilyn wouldn't be able to pretend she was mad at him anymore.

Dean looked up, trying not to show that he really was worried about the rain. He had been planning it out for weeks, and he refused to let the rain of all things ruin it.

As he looked at the clouds, Marilyn looked at him. She studied the face that had been burned into her memory, the face of the man that she loved. Nothing but adoration was visible on her features, and that was what Dean saw when he finally looked away from the sky to look at her.

"What?" he asked, not used to being looked at in such a way. The only other person who had looked at him like that was Lisa, someone who had not crossed his mind since he realized he was in love with Marilyn.

"Nothing," Marilyn shook her head, smiling a little. "I just love you, that's all."

Dean tried to hide the ridiculously large grin that threatened to take over his lips. "I love you too," he kissed the top of her head to hide the smile. It didn't work. She felt it when he kissed her.

"So, where are we going?" she asked finally. They had walked through most of the park and were now nearing the end of it.

"Just a little place I found," Dean shrugged. "I thought you'd like it."

Marilyn said nothing else, just let Dean lead her to wherever he was planning on taking them.

After a few minutes, there was a clap of thunder, which made Marilyn jump. Dean smiled, holding her closer to him. "It's okay, baby. I'm right here." Marilyn smiled. "We're almost there." Dean made them turn, the path they were walking on no longer marked. The place was hidden, making privacy a guaranteed thing.

Finally, the cabana came into sight. It was painted white, intricate carvings running up and down the columns keeping the top of it up. The top itself had small carvings all around it, giving the cabana a romantic feel.

"What are we doing here?" Marilyn asked.

Dean didn't answer, just lead her into the cabana, sitting her down and then sitting next to her. He didn't speak for several minutes, which made Marilyn extremely nervous.